New (used) Baby

Jul 9, 2010
Galway, N.Y.
:woohoo:View attachment 3660

IMG00107-20110616-1435.jpg

I'm sooo excited. Just traded my VTX/MotorTrike for this sweet, very Blue Ultra Classic with a Hannigan. Don't get me wrong, the Honda was a nice trike but I wanted something more comfortable that I wouldn't feel every bump and pebble I ran over. The independent rear suspension on the Hannigan just soaks up the road and even my wife likes riding this sweetheart..........hey, anyone give me a ballpark guess at what my MPG's should be?

I'm getting around 41 mpg about the same as my husband who rides a 2010 RK. All my riding is in the twisties and mtns, well some flat land getting there, but you know what I mean. I have a 2010 Street Glide Trike, bought new with 7 miles on it May 27, 2010. She now has almost 18,500 miles recorded. Mpg's are about the same as when I bought her brand new! I love this trike...:woohoo:

Thanks Folks, I live in the foothills of the Adirondacks and its nothing but twisties and beauty all around. I couldn't wait to get "Big Blue" (Giants fan here) home yesterday so it was the awful NYS Thruway all the way home. It ran smoothly and found a sweet spot at 70 to 75 MPH (love the cruise control). Well anyway I couldn't sleep last night dreaming about my first mountain ride and dang its been raining all day....yuck! Don't get me wrong I ride in the rain and don't let a bad forcast keep me home but if its raining from the get go I'll spend the day doing........well waxing Big Blue today and lovin it......ride safe everyone

Oh, and I'll take anything in the high 30's gas mileage wise. If I hit 40 it would amaze me since I ride pretty aggressive at times...oh again - turn 65 tomorrow and this was my birthday present to me :Flag:

There's a lot of that going around. Mine was a self birthday present when I turned 49 last year. With almost 1 year on it, I have 19,000 miles (averaged about same on 2 wheels most years). On a slower highway today (under 70 mph) I got 32 mpg with my '10 TG. I think 38 mpg is the best I have gotten. The only thing I can think of is that they come from factory set very lean. My H-D dealer always boosts that up when they prep it. Maybe most don't. That could explain hot running for some.

:woohoo:View attachment 3660

View attachment 3661

I'm sooo excited. Just traded my VTX/MotorTrike for this sweet, very Blue Ultra Classic with a Hannigan. Don't get me wrong, the Honda was a nice trike but I wanted something more comfortable that I wouldn't feel every bump and pebble I ran over. The independent rear suspension on the Hannigan just soaks up the road and even my wife likes riding this sweetheart..........hey, anyone give me a ballpark guess at what my MPG's should be?

CONGRATS very nice. I get between 35 and 38 MPG with my 07 Police 103 conversion as long as I rool at 65 MPH. 70 to 75 mph the MPH drops to about 32.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png