Delivery day at Motor Trike:

F

Fortsand

Randy (Zook) and I departed on the much anticipated trip to Motor Trike on 20 Nov. We arrived in Henderson, Tx early in the am on 21 Nov. We checked in and got some sleep. Motor Trike was only a few minutes from there and we arrived about 10 am that morning. It is located way out in the country on what they call a farm to market road. That is what the FM stands for in their address.

It is good to know somebody like Randy when visiting Motor Trike as we were able to navigate around the entire complex as though we were officials on business.I was taken on a tour of the Stallion assembly plant by Susie while Randy checked into some kits we were picking up. I had plenty of time to ask questions, but no pictures allowed in this area. I was able to take pictures in other areas though. I was curious about the latest vin numbers coming off the line. Well, #511 was just being born while I was there. The body, which has the number taped to it, was in the beginning stages going down the line. I noticed on a white board on the wall that they were rolling 2 units a day. Mine #444 had rolled on 13 Oct. I was impressed with how this machine is assembled with quality hardware. Here one gets a better look of the workings of it than just raising the hood.

Back in the showroom, my #444 was in the back of the room behind a number of other Stallions. I believe all the numbers there were higher than mine. Susie and Randy moved several other units out so that mine could be rolled out. Out in the parking lot Susie pointed out the new features on the latest Stallions. There is a map light right above the cup holder. The panels inside the cockpit are now plastic as opposed to fiberglass. I really could not tell the difference. One other temporary change is they were unable to get the 245/55 tires which were installed on earlier units. They have gone to 225/60 Michelin tires until the new year. They will continue to use the 225/60 tires, but they will be Goodrich after the new year. I consider it a plus to be lucky enough to get the Michelins.

Susie noticed that the air dump valve on mine was losing air when we were getting ready for a test ride. She ran it back over to the Stallion area and it was changed out in a few minutes. Then I was good to go. Susie led me down the road about 5 miles and back. The heater felt good as it was in 50's about that time.Afterward we loaded up and headed back to Florida and arrived in the wee hours of the morning. We were both whipped out, but it was a very enjoyable trip.

If you get a chance, take a trip to the Motor Trike Complex in Troup, Texas.

I might add that the Black Cherry seemed to be the color of choice.

What a great trip and a great tour --- and an exciting way to claim your new Stallion! Wonderful! Congratulations!

Great info Fortsand
I have a production number of 437,:rolleyes: but I requested a injected molded body. I’m guessing my production number is being bumped up until the injected body hits production. Looks like I should get one of the first injected molded bodies. :)

Wild Bill

I enjoyed the trip there and back Joe...thanks for going with me. I have to tell you all that this will be a guy to watch. He's a true motorcycle & trike enthusiast and knows Gold Wings inside out, particularly electrical and lighting. He traded in an 2001 Illusion Red Honda GL-1800ABS that's about as blinged and tricked out a bike as Ive ever seen. This will be my personal ride for a while :). I look for his new Black Cherry Stallion to get the same treatment so keep an eye out for upgrades soon.

The new map light is a nice feature and its the only visible change to the current fiberglass-bodied Stallion. (Maybe you can post a picture of the map light feature Joe) I did jump on an offer take a good long look at a couple of the new pre-production ABS-Bodied Stallions. Jeff Vey's son, JD has returned to Motor Trike/Thoroughbred Motorsports from Nascar's Joe Gibbs Racing Team and heads up the Stallion production operation. JD gave me a close up look at the newly skinned Stallions and answered a itlot of questions I had about them.

They look pretty much identical to the current fiberglass-bodied Stallions with a couple of minor exceptions and Im told they probably wont be released until early January 2009. As far as appearances, there is a tight seam on each side of the body at the rear of the step-in (for lack of a better word) section of the body. The seam isnt a straight up 90 degree vertical seam...It is a straight line, but it tilts slightly forward by around 10-15 degrees to match the angle of the body. These actually add a sort of "styling cue" and dont look at all bad. The seams make the trike look as if they might have a door, but they dont. There is also a small joint or seam on either side of each roll bar tube. Each seam is tight and perfectly aligned and dont really do anything to take away from the appearance of the trike in my opinion.

At this point I have mixed feelings on whether I prefer the fiberglass or the ABS bodied Stallion. I really like the slick fit and finish of the current Stallions and the fiberglass bodies are super strong and durable and take paint well. The ABS bodies will be lighter by roughly 75 LBS and look great too. You cant make a wrong choice on either setup as each has its own advantages. I probably lean slightly toward the fiberglass bodies, but the ABS will make reaching production goals much more easily sustainable. JD and I both agreed that the low-production fiberglass bodied Stallions will surely be sought after down the road as there will have been so few produced. Tough choice...

CONGRATS FORTSAND. Welcome to the group of Stallion Owners. We hope you have many happy miles and answers many thousands of questions. Ted and MJ #175

Thanks ZOOK.

That’s the only news I’ve been able to get on the ABS Stallions. I would think TMS would be releasing info on the changes before they hit the streets. I’m in CA and DMV DOT has a problem with the weight of the current Stallion. I’m hoping the ABS Stallion will get pass the meet the CA DOT requirements. Any new info is greatly appreciated.

WildBill

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png