frozen linkage

Sep 26, 2008
clarksville
HELP! my trike has automatic trans.when the temp gets to freezing , i can't get it out of park.after the temp comes up it moves fine.i've tried a little oil on the cable but can't get it through the line all the way.what do you folks recommend ???:confused: in clarksville

If you can get the cable off both ends, I would invest in a cable lube tool. Just like lubing clutch or throttle cables. I would think a "dry" graphite type lube would hold up better. Let us know how it works..

what do you folks recommend ???:confused: in clarksville
Hey, Confused--Move to Florida? ;) Sorry, don't mean to be flippant, but I couldn't resist. I REALLY hope you get your problem solved soon.

BTW, I live in Florida and we had a freeze two nights ago! :eek: So much for THAT suggestion.

As has already been suggested, a good cable lube and you can also purchase a lube kit that will clamp on to the end of your cable. The lubricant tube is inserted into the special clamp, forcing the lube to go further into the cable. Hope that makes sense. You'll want to continue spraying the lube in until it comes out the other end of the cable. Good luck

You did not say what kind of trike that it is so here is what I offer!
Are you sure it is the cable that is frozen? Could it be the tranny pin that is frozen in place and then the cable cannot pull it???
kodiak:cool:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png