GL1800 Handlebar dampers

Jan 30, 2010
Kamloops, BC., Canada
My wife and I went for a ride the other day on our 2006 Goldwing/Champion trike. When we got home and I was cleaning the bugs off, I noticed I was missing a handlebar damper off the throttle side. Could somebody please tell me if we really need these dampers on a trike, or can I take the one off the left side also, and put some caps in their place? I looked at some sites on the internet and it looks like they only sell the dampers in pairs. I didn't notice any end caps for them though. Thanks.

One of the first things I did was to replace those tiny grips with Kury ISO grips. Which covered the ends. Use a little blue loc-tite on it when you get it from Charlie.

I want to thank Charley and kj5ix for the fast response to my damper problem. I'll be in touch with Charley. Also, kj5ix, when you replaced your grips, did you do away with the dampers? And yes, I'm going to put a little loct-tite on both ends to make sure it doesn't happen again. Thanks again.

I want to thank Charley and kj5ix for the fast response to my damper problem. I'll be in touch with Charley. Also, kj5ix, when you replaced your grips, did you do away with the dampers? And yes, I'm going to put a little loct-tite on both ends to make sure it doesn't happen again. Thanks again.

Cool-A. I put the Kury clamshell iso grips on mine, go right over the factory grips and work and feel great. You won't use the dampers but there are several decorative ends you can use including helmet locks. Charley

Thanks Charley. Maybe hold off on sending the damper end till I can do a little more checking on those Kury grips. We are on our way camping for a few days, will check back then.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png