New to Triking but not to Biking

Jul 10, 2011
Ormond Beach, Fl
Howdy... Being new to the Triking experience I figured this would be a great place to go to every now and then to keep on on trike owners experiences. My first Harley was a '48 Pan. Put 130,000 miles on it 'till I joined the ranks of the rear suspension crowd and bought a '78 dresser and rode it about 80,000 miles. Then I got to experienced the rubber mount engine when I bought an '85 dresser and had that one 'till just a few months ago (not sure how many miles on it as the speedometer broke just shortly after it turned 100,000 and I never fixed it) when I fell in love with the 2010 Street Glide Trike. Had it now for about 3 weeks. People ask if I like it and I answer them "No!"... "I don't like it... I LOVE it! One guy asked me if there was something wrong with me like bad knees, heart, etc, etc. I asked him why did he think there has to be something wrong to own a trike? I told him the reason I bought it is because I think the Street Glide Trike is the coolest thing on wheels! His response was, "Yeah, wicked cool!" It's like he was asking permission to consider buying a trike.

My wife and I are heading out from New Hampshire to Michigan for a family reunion in two weeks. Even though it's only about 1,200 miles one way we're going to take the long way there and have allowed 18 road days. " I kept my cargo trailer from when I had the '85 and painted it to match the trike and so we are excited about this new way of touring.

Anyway, see y'all on the road sometime! I'll get some pictures out when I get some time and other updates.

Welcome Dr.Joe! I do not have any apologies for owning a trike either.I wanted one the first time I saw one and have never regreted triking my 90 Goldwing.RIDE SAFE

Welcome to our family, Dr. Joe! Have a wonderful triking vacation and family reunion, and stay safe :)

Howdy... Being new to the Triking experience I figured this would be a great place to go to every now and then to keep on on trike owners experiences. My first Harley was a '48 Pan. Put 130,000 miles on it 'till I joined the ranks of the rear suspension crowd and bought a '78 dresser and rode it about 80,000 miles. Then I got to experienced the rubber mount engine when I bought an '85 dresser and had that one 'till just a few months ago (not sure how many miles on it as the speedometer broke just shortly after it turned 100,000 and I never fixed it) when I fell in love with the 2010 Street Glide Trike. Had it now for about 3 weeks. People ask if I like it and I answer them "No!"... "I don't like it... I LOVE it! One guy asked me if there was something wrong with me like bad knees, heart, etc, etc. I asked him why did he think there has to be something wrong to own a trike? I told him the reason I bought it is because I think the Street Glide Trike is the coolest thing on wheels! His response was, "Yeah, wicked cool!" It's like he was asking permission to consider buying a trike.

My wife and I are heading out from New Hampshire to Michigan for a family reunion in two weeks. Even though it's only about 1,200 miles one way we're going to take the long way there and have allowed 18 road days. " I kept my cargo trailer from when I had the '85 and painted it to match the trike and so we are excited about this new way of touring.

Anyway, see y'all on the road sometime! I'll get some pictures out when I get some time and other updates.

Welcome aboard Dr. Joe. Way to jump in with both feet. Some us also just ride them because we love them. Some ride because they are the only alternative, but we ALL LOVE TO RIDE OUR TRIKES

Welcome-3-1.gif
Welcome..................................

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png