Insurance on HD Trike?

Jul 9, 2010
Galway, N.Y.
Just wondering how much others are paying for full coverage? I'm dealing with Progressive as part of our umbrella coverage which includes our home, two cars, a boat, and now the trike. I've had all kinds of problems with Progressive as they wanted to have an itemized list of what everything on the trike was worth. My dealer had to give me a list as to what the 05 Ultra was worth and what the 08 Hannigan was worth. Then I needed a list of all options and what they were worth. After three revisions we came up with what they call an "agreed upon value"....I am paying $457 for 12 months with $500 deductibles for collision and comprehensive...

What are you guys paying? Should I be shopping around for a better deal? Thoughts? Thanks

Gee there Paw Paw, your doing pretty well. My liability is for $500K and I live in NY state so thats probably why I'm higher?

Pretty sad when $108 out of my premium goes for uninsured motorist coverage. I couldn't even imagine taking a vehicle out on the road without insurance. I guess its people who have nothing to lose that do that and we all have to pay through the nose for those idiots. I'm 65 and never had a moving violation (ex cop here), never an accident or anything more than a windshield replacement. I wonder what they would sock me if I had points on my license?

I also have Foremost, premiums about same as yours Kansas Trike, If your purchases a new trike these policy come with a 2 year replacement. Any thing happens to your trike (totaled or stolen) They will replace it with a brand new trike. Also includes $3,000.00 for accessarys, even covers my pull behind trailer up to $3,000.

I have progressive and I appreciated then coming to see the Trike, varifing what they were covering. I'm at about $550 a year and that's because I went high on the value of accessories (Trike Kit Value) than I should have. There initial quote was 385. It's a 2007 Street Glide/CSC Daytona.

Thanks guys. I guess there is no set formula for the insurance companies to go by except for maybe the TriGlides or other "factory built" units. Any time we get into triking a 2 wheeler we enter into "custom built vehicle" territory. My agent said that I should keep good records of all the options and custom parts on my trike in case of a claim. No biggie as I have always kept good records on any of my bikes......

After going with Progressive, Foremost, and whatever else for my other Harleys, I finally went with Geico for $484 on my 2010 TG---which is cheap for my area. The previous two companies would jack up the rate over a hundred bucks after one year. I guess I'll see what Geico does after a year. No claims ever made on my part with any policy. Guess it's just a high-rate area here.

There is a lot factored in to the insurance premiums depending upon the part of the country one lives in. I think the length of the riding season in a particular region has a big influence on the cost. I know for certain that the number of deer we have in West Virginia increases the cost. Progressive gave me a quote of over $800.00 a year. I called GEICO after seeing an ad on TV and got the identical coverage for $328.00 a year. I changed my auto to GEICO also and got the bike insurance down to $308.00 but only saved a couple bucks on the car. I told the rep. that my trike was a conversion and he said, "no problem"!! Progressive didn't seem to be able to wrap their mind around the conversion as being one unit and wanted to price everything out individually, ie; motorcycle, trike kit, easysteer etc. GEICO just asked, "what is your total investment in the trike"?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png