Loose Crash Bar rings

Dec 15, 2010
Las Vegas, Nv USA
Has anybody had trouble keeping the rings (next to the body) locked down tight?
Both of mine keep comeing loose and scareing up the bar itself, plus I hate it when something isnt right.
Still loveing it though, and still no ticket!
Any help is appriciated. Love this forum.
Thanks
Las Vegas Biker # 696

you of course know that that is NOT a crash bar?
if you pull the passenger back rest off you will see that the so called crash bar is mounted to the top of the gas tank and would NOT hold up if you rolled over at any speed.
maybe if you rolled over when not moving it may hold up.
there is a little note on the crash bar stating that it is NOT a crash bar.
it is just for looks.

Yes, I know it is just for looks, but i do like the look i just wish those darn rings would stay down. Will try the silcone next.Going on a ride to Colo next month and want it done before then. Thanks Guys.

Terry #696

My Stallion is a 2010 and the rings are loose on it. I posted some photos under Parts & Maintenance. It was post #71. I need to have some silcone put on them but I have not yet. There is a tab broken off on each ring. Hope you have a great trip to Colo. next month.

Yep, i had a ring come loose on my 2010, i hear a bell like sound coming from behind me while traveling 75 mph, and it sure did scare me too...but a small amount of clear silicone done the triCK...."roll bar" real or not....i hope i never have to roll this thing....keep it on the wheels, and i'll never have to use the bar....well that is my plan anyway....lol
still love my ride....

Oddoman
# 667
effingham, sc

As usual you have all the know-it-alls telling everyone how the rollbar won't work !!!!! It kept me from rolling over when I was T-boned by a car and the state trooper said he grabbed the rollbar and righted it back up by his self. Yes it was not reallt designed as an actual rollbar, but it sure worked for me so don't belive everything you read by some !!! My rings are made of plastic and have been replaced as one of the tabs broke off, but no scracthing of the metal.
Tomg

Hi,
Just got my 2010 Stallion back 11-3-11 from having some things done. The Crash Bar Rings were one of them. He said that the Crash bar had come loose from the frame and had to be welded back in place!!! This is what made the rings loose. Glad this is fixed. He put me some new rings on.

I'm with you Terry, that silicone does wonders. My mesh in my rear bumper came loose and I applies the silicone to all the post and haven't had any problems since.

TOMG, it is interesting you mentioned that it was pretty sturdy and that it "might" act like a roll bar in some instances.

I think it is just a "protection" / liability issue with TMS that they not be held liable in case it doesn't hold up in a crash / turnover as it may not have been "designed" to function as one...but as you found out it did work that way whether it was designed to or not.

These two pictures might shed some light on the subject. It does not appear that they (the "crash bar" looking thingy) are attached to the gas tank but to a subframe that doesn't look all that sturdy or thick but since the back end of the Stallion is (I am guessing here) lighter than the front it appears that it might, in some instances, be capable of limited support in case the Stallion was rolled.

molinoman-albums-misc-stallion-stuff-picture6204-stallion-trunk-2.jpg

molinoman-albums-misc-stallion-stuff-picture6209-stallion-engine-powertrain.jpg

molinoman-albums-misc-stallion-stuff-picture6208-image001.jpg

Since I don't think many of us have seen this set up underneath the skin of the rear of the Stallion...I would just imagine that it is secured better (than it looks with just those chrome rings on top of the trunk area) to that subframe underneath the body.

Glad it did work out for you.

Dennis

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png