Homemade Mudflaps for my Motortrike

This is mainly for anyone who has a Motortrike kit and wanted to add mudflaps without drilling holes in your fenders

I was out a few weeks ago with a buddy coming back from Charleston SC and we got caught in a torrential downpour. He told me I was throwing 2 big rooster tails of water off the rear tires of my trike. I came up with a solution to add mudflaps without drilling any holes in the rear fenders

I took 2 dead license plates I had that are aluminum and cut 2 10" wide and 14" long sections from a semi truck mudflap I also had here. Some stainless steel 1/4 20 hardware to bolt the tag and mudflap sections together. I then mounted my setup using the existing studs from the tail lights

I plan on adding 6" dual function red LED strip lights near the bottom of the flaps in the future

Heres the end result so far>>

Bought two back seat vinyl floor mats ($20.00) cut a piect of 1/2" rod (~3' long) that fit acrossthe underneath of the trunk, bolted the rod through the trunk and drilled holes in the rod using bolts to mount the flaps to the rod with a strip of aluminum to sandwuch the flap. Trimmed the floor mats as I went along and ended up with custom flaps with the Florida Gator emblem in the center. About $30.00 with misc small ss bolts and nuts from ACE and piece of aluminum square rod. (also put a piece of aluminum backing plate inside the trunk to provide support for the fiberglass trunk bottom usen a 1/8" piece of scrap aluminum from Homedepot and liquid nails to seal it.)

I made a set for my DFT. I went to Auto Zone and brought out a few truck rear flaps to the trike in the parking lot .Found one I could cut to fit. ( should have written it down ) I bought duel rear LED ( stop tail ) lights surface mounts. They are screwe into the under body.
DSC00128.jpg
[/IMG]

Roll bag with chrome cover?
Wir freuen uns über Schmutzfänger reden. Was Sie zeigt eine kleine Rolle Tasche Gang in. Die Schmutzfänger hält dich davon ab zu werfen Wasser und Schmutz auf der Rückseite Ihres Trike setzen.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png