Veterans/Retired Military

I am humbled, but proud, to be among the number of veterans here on the board and in the US. Served 88-06 in Army Aviation Maintenance. Medically retired after my second tour in Iraq. Spent most of that time in the Cavalry. Now have 2 sons in the USAF (one of them in Iraq for the second time now), and one joining the Army very soon.

My son is also in Iraq - 2nd tour. Chris is stationed in Balad. Yours?

Thank you for your service. It sounds like you gave more than most, but like some of us, my 20 years in the AF seems so safe compared to many.
C-141 Flight Engineer. Loved it and I do miss it.

Don Jenkins, Msgt AF, Retired

I am humbled, but proud, to be among the number of veterans here on the board and in the US. Served 88-06 in Army Aviation Maintenance. Medically retired after my second tour in Iraq. Spent most of that time in the Cavalry. Now have 2 sons in the USAF (one of them in Iraq for the second time now), and one joining the Army very soon.

My SIL Now a W2 in the Marines is on his 4th tour in Iraq. Talked to him today and his relief has just showed up so a couple of weeks of turnover and he will be headed back stateside. Hope your son returns safely soon.

I got some excellent support from Army Aviation around Camp Humphries S K when we had to det off the carrier to keep our NVG quals up to date.

In country 1969-1970
I remember being carried off the plane onto American soil on a stretcher with people lined up behind a chain linked fence holding up signs ,yelling baby killer and spitting at us. What the hell was that about. When I did get home I couldn't buy a beer in the American Legion I was 19 oh yea I couldn't vote either and the VFW refused admission something about not a declared war. Thank God things have changed. I'm sorry for bringing this stuff up.
Thanks to all who serve and yes from the heart welcome home.
Please remember the ones left behind. MIA-POW's

Don't apologize, Blueskys! You only told the truth here. But know how much you and your service are appreciated now. I know it is too little, too late. But it is real appreciation none-the-less!

In recognition of your service to our country, all veterans and active duty military personnel are invited to eat free at Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar Restaurants this Veterans Day, Wednesday, Nov.11, 2009. As you may recall, Applebee’s launched a pilot program last year on Veterans Day offering free entrees to military service personnel and veterans. Because the response was so overwhelmingly positive, Applebee’s is extending the invitation throughout the country this year. We would appreciate your help in spreading the word. Please help us share details across your various communication channels. All U.S. veterans and active duty military with proof of current or former military service will eat free at all Applebee’s nationwide on Veterans Day, Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2009. Proof of service includes: U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card, U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement, Veterans Organization Card, photograph in uniform or wearing uniform. For additional details, visit: http://www.applebees.com/vetsday".

I just saw this post, and yes it is after Veterans Day. It is just a regular old day in my life. But it is special to me. My defenders of this place I live, made sure I had "today". I wanted to say thank you, for no other reason than I do think of you all. Frequently now that I'm getting old. You all have given me a wonderful, free, and in my generation, a relatively safe place to live. It has been great so far, and all you Vets, I do thank you. OOH RAH! jimsjinx:)

USAF 1964-1968 Luck was with me no Nam, 1 yr support for the troops in Northern Thailand. Lots of planes came in with large holes but they were the lucky ones they came back. Love the military and will support our troops til the last breath is drawn. Make it a habit to included our military in your daily prayers. :yes:

Army... 85-97 (I feel like such a cherry around all you other vets..... :D ). Did a few gun-totin' tours in various places. Spent most of my career working in foreign countries (back then as well as with my current job).

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png