Veterans/Retired Military

Don't really want to turn this into an age discussion, but I thought some of you more mature USAF folks might enjoy this actual photo of the first plane I ever worked on. I was a weapons mechanic and was responsible for the 6 50cal machine guns on each of 5 of these beautiful warbirds which saw service in both WWII and Korea.
P-51_WV_ANG.jpeg

flag_2.gif
flag_3.gif
flag_1.gif

She did an outstanding job. Heard that song to many times both from the military and police. I've lost 4 fellow officers in the last 10 years down here. All by on duty patrol car crashes.

Blue Trinity, I love the Mustang. We had Phatom's, Voodoo's, Delta Dart's, Delta Dagger's, T-Birds and Scorpians when I was in the Air Force. Plus the still in service B-52.

A little about the tune: It was written by Trumpet player Nini Russo & Gugielmo Brezza in 1965. It reached #1 in Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Italy & Switzerland. In Australia, it was #1 for 19 weeks. Here in the US, it only got to #32 on the Easy Listening chart. Though it sounds a lot like "Taps" due to the extensive usage if the harmonics of the trumpet, it isn't. "Taps" was written during our Civil War by Union Brigadier General David Butterfield with the help of his Bugler, Oliver Norton at Harrison's Landiing, VA, July 1862. A bugle can only the harmonics, hence the familiar sound between the two compisitions. How do I know this? I was Bugler for the Nellis AFB Honor Guard, '70 - '72. And -- YES, she did a GREAT job of playing "Il Silenzio"!

Both of "my" planes are now retired too. While I was at Nellis, I worked on the F111 Simulator & later as a Civilian, I worked in the F117 program.

NM

Vietnam Wall

First click on a state. When it opens, scroll down to the city and the names will appear. Then click on their names. It should show you a picture of the person, or at least their bio and medals. This really is an amazing web site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it.
I hope that everyone who receives this appreciates what those who served in Vietnam sacrificed for our country.
The link below is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Vietnam war with the names, bio's and other information on our lost heroes. Those who remember that timeframe, or perhaps lost friends or family can look them up on this site. Pass the link on to others if you like.
Click here----> Names of Vietnam War casualties by city and state www.VirtualWall.org

As a grandson, son and father of a Vet I salute all that have served. If you are a Vietnam vet or any ex service member do the Run For the Wall. You will get a life time of good feelings in a short period of time and not just from your fellow riders but from strangers in the various towns they travel through. I went part of the way this year and the wife had such a good time we would like to do the full run next year.

A newbe here, first post :woohoo:!!! I figured i'd make my first post here to say thank you to all the vets that have served to give us all the opportunity to build our bikes and trikes to be rolling billboards of the freedom we all share everyday, Thank you...! I personally served in the Marines form 1999-2005 with a tour to Iraq in Mahmudiyah, Yousefia & Ludafia (aka Triangle of death) then reenlisted in the Air Force in 2005, another tour in the Middle east where I was medevaced out of country and returned home. I am currently 70 VA disabled and an glad to be here talking to fellow members! Semper Fi to all!:Flag:

Sure am glad you found us here at TrikeTalk, Sir! Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service!!!!

OOOOORAH!!!! Welcome aboard from a retired Swab Jocky and sincere thanks for your service!! I served three years on an LST out of Little Creek Virginia during my first enlistment. When I shipped over I rode an Amtrack ashore on Onslo Beach with part of our Marine contingent during a beach landing attack exercise. What a ride!!! Semper Fi !!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png