TTR-V - Rally In The Valley 2012

Champsman,<br />
<br />
By the time your rally rolls around I should be back in NC. But I'll holler when I come through OC to see if you're home. <br />
<br />
Was statioined at Swan Island in the 70's (trained USN Reserves) and lived on an old logging bunkhouse (coverted to a floating 3 apartment building) at Sellwood Bridge. It was kind of neat back in those days. On a hot summer day dive off the top deck into the Williamette. Or go across the bridge and enjoy the amusement park.

We had moved it to the hotel tent since WTT was supposed to be closed but now we have that option open to us. I kinda think we may want to keep it at the hotels since we would be covered if it happened to rain. Whats your thoughts?

I also think we should eliminate the door prize drawings since its getting harder and harder to get prizes donated plus it was also a long process time wise. I want to get back to the basics of a good old meet-n-greet. Thoughts?

Our vote is at WTT and when it comes to door prize drawings limit it to 20 prizes or less.. OHO thanks for all the hard work "STAFF" Charlie D & the IMP.:10:ThumbUp

We're gonna nix the door prize thing and spend more time relaxing after the meal. I like the idea of having the cookout at the hotel as we can just all hang out, have a beverage or two if anyone wants to, take a nap...whatever and not have to drive back to the room afterward. The door prizes were nice but the time visiting and getting to know one another was better and we want more of that.

D'you suppose we could get two or three 'special' awards - best Wing, best HD, best VW, best Stallion, youngest, oldest trikers, farthest, etc. - made? Perhaps somebody who does woodworking would 'volunteer' to make 'em for the price of the wood??? It might make a winter project for somebody who enjoys doing that . . .

D'you suppose we could get two or three 'special' awards - best Wing, best HD, best VW, best Stallion, youngest, oldest trikers, farthest, etc. - made? Perhaps somebody who does woodworking would 'volunteer' to make 'em for the price of the wood??? It might make a winter project for somebody who enjoys doing that . . .

Yeah I think we could do that. I think we'll just have them made...we'll check into it.

Well... if everything works to our plan and we have a place to shack up our four legged children... :p

C and I plan to be there. Will bring both bikes via trailer and enjoy the company and rides.

:wave4:

Keep yer digits crossed.

LOL Lucky.... Read the first post in this thread! Never too early to plan for the fourth weekend in June! See you then :D

Well, now ya'll have gone and did it, talked me into coming to the rally with the Mrs's. Room is booked for Maggie Valley, we will get there on Thursday 6/21 and leave on Monday 6/25. Should be a great time, oh, Skuuter really looking forward to some great rides every day that we are there! lol. See ya'll there!

Well, now ya'll have gone and did it, talked me into coming to the rally with the Mrs's. Room is booked for Maggie Valley, we will get there on Thursday 6/21 and leave on Monday 6/25. Should be a great time, oh, Skuuter really looking forward to some great rides every day that we are there! lol. See ya'll there!

:10:.....That's what I'm talkin' about!!!!!

:10:Okay I've registered me & The Warden (Jan), pre-paid for our meal tickets and booked 6 rooms for our group coming down from southern Maryland I hope they all get registered. Looking forward to some good rides and comraderie.:Coffee:

I just signed up for the Microtel Inn. Great rate $80 for any type room. Lady did say that she was moving to release rooms as not many folks have signed up yet. This will be my very first rally with a Trike so should be interesting.

I just signed up for the Microtel Inn. Great rate $80 for any type room. Lady did say that she was moving to release rooms as not many folks have signed up yet.

I just spoke by phone with the manager representing both the Best Western and the Microtel. Per our original agreement, all rooms in BOTH motels are to be held for the TrikeTalk Rally group until March 2012. At that point, any un-spoken-for rooms will be made available to the general public, although any of our members will still be given the discounted rate if they call for an available room at that time. The manager assured me this morning that agreement is still in effect, and that he will follow up with the motel staff to clarify that!

However, I would urge anyone planning to attend the rally to call one of the two motels ASAP and hold a room.

It would be disappointing if a number of our group were to end up scattered around town because we delayed and lost the hold on these two large blocks of rooms!!! Although we would hope that no one has to cancel, there is a cancellation policy that will allow that to occur with reasonable notice.

However, I would urge anyone planning to attend the rally to call one of the two motels ASAP and hold a room.

It would be disappointing if a number of our group were to end up scattered around town because we delayed and lost the hold on these two large blocks of rooms!!! Although we would hope that no one has to cancel, there is a cancellation policy that will allow that to occur with reasonable notice.

I know I'm sure looking forward to it, had a very enjoyable time last year, met some great people.... Come on June!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png