2011 FLHXXX Street Glide Seat

Jul 2, 2011
Phoenix
Hi... I feel like I've read a gazillion threads regarding seats and I think I like Mustang, Ultimate, or C and C. I'm 5'10" 195 lbs, and really don't want to be moved back any further. My back tends to hurt a little from leaning in on my 2011 FLHXXX stock seat and my right leg cramps up a little in the thigh.

I'm hoping to be able to lean back into a backrest. Before I start calling these vendors, I was wondering if anyone has specific experience in replacing a FLHXXX stock seat and what you used... comfortable, moved up, back, etc?

Thanks so much... Alan

I have a bad back and the stock FLHXXX seat is downright awful. Wasn't sure I was going to make the 50 miles from the dealer back to my house. Had a Sundowner seat in the garage and swapped it as soon as I got home. Huge improvement. Then I ordered the Harley trike adjustable rider backrest and put it on. The combo is quite good. I can't ride any distance without a backrest. Now I'm waiting on some parts to swap the handlebars to eliminate the last of the leaning-in problem. You and I are just about the same size, although I weight just a little over 200. For bars I think the top 3 to consider (unless the rider likes apes) are the Harley +2 pullback, the Wild One WO 575 and the Kromewerks +2 sweeper. I have a Kromewerks in the garage so I am going to put that on first and see how it fits. I had the Harley +2 bar on my 09 FLHT and it made the Sundowner seat with backrest real comfortable.

I think a Sundowner with installed (don't think I want to do it myself) adj Harley backrest will cost about the same as a one piece with backrest from Ultimate, etc. Mustang's literature indicates they'll move you back 1.75" and I think that would be too much for me. Ultimate says you'll be in the same position, and CC's literature doesn't say.

Alan

I also have an Ultimate out in the garage. It doesn't move you back. But it does raise you just a bit. No big deal on a trike, but noticeable on my FLHT. The Ultimate is an excellent seat.

One thing about the Harley adjustable backrest. It is adjustable fore and aft and up and down. You can also change the back angle while driving as it has a little knob you can reach with your left hand. Kind of nice to be able to change the back angle when you back starts getting tired of being in one position.

Update... what I ended up doing is going to the dealer and I tried out the Sundowner. I actually liked the stock Ultra TriGlide seat the most and he had one in stock. It was even less expensive than the Sundowner, and seems to have more back support.

We then pulled the parts for the basic backrest that doesn't use the adjustable cable (I didn't want that one), and the parts fit perfectly on my FLHxxx.

I'm a happy camper and kudos to my incredibly patient and helpful Harley dealer!!!

Alan

I dont have the street glide trike but have the tri glide and changed the seat to the Road Zepplin seat along with the back rest and I find the backrest helps me out and keeps me in postion in the sadddle. The air badder in the seat also tends to move me up down and forward when I pump up the seat.

Not sure if the road Zepplin would fit or not?

I also had a 50 mile ride from the dealer to home and the stock seat was gone before the next ride out. (FLHXXX). I had bought a Sundowner for my Sporty and was very satisfied so thats whats on the trike now. Still after about 350 miles the wife starts to complain a bit. have no idea what to try next. 300 miles or less and the Sundowner is a winner for us.

When my wife bought her 2010 FLHXXX, she didn't like the stock seat either. We ended up buying a Sundowner. That didn't work for long. We sold both seats and bought her a Mustang Regal Touring seat with a Mustang Rider Backrest. I also changed her stock bars to 2 inch pullback bars. That setup lasted for a year until I came up with the brillant idea to trade for a 2012. Now we are back to square one. Probably will soon be buying another Mustang seat. We did keep the rider backrest. I think the 2012 Triglide seats are better quality. She needs to move forward slightly...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png