Upgrade the Speakers

Big Dog

Contributing Member
Jul 13, 2008
Sarasota
Yesterday I had, Mad Marks Stero, put Alpine Marine speakers in to replace the stock Sony. They are a much better speaker and the fit was fine.
AlpineSpeaker.jpg

Next change was to add a Kicker Amp. This will pump the power to the speakers, the result was great.
Amp1.jpg

Here is another view
Amp2.jpg

These guys do all kinds of custom work. They asked if they could come up with some other ideas. I said go for it. I know they want to put in a backup camera and a display. Who knows, I hope that some neon is in there plans. I do know that TMS had three tricked out Stallions at the SEMA Show, Mark got some pictures, soon to be on his web site.

Big Dog,
It looks as though they used different screws to attach it, the bottom left look like a Sheetrock screw. I think if anyone is going to install an amp this big it would seem a better location would be higher up in the trunk, as amps generate a lot of heat and higher up will free more storage room. I understand you have a trunk rack, but other riders may not have one for extra gear. This is a great example of the value of this site and how others can benefit and improve on great ideas! I can't wait to hear your new system! I am still considering adding a wee bit smaller amp, and front speakers if I can find ones that fit the bill. It is hard to find black marine speakers.

One last question, did you try the amp with the stock Sony speakers? Do you know if it was the amp that make the speakers work better, or a solid combination of them both?

Also have you considered the fact that if you crank your new speakers and amp up too fast and too loud you may blow your small dog Miles off the back of your bike!!!!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png