Oil-Oil-Oil

May 22, 2011
Orlando,Fl--USA
:Shrug:

Doing a mini-poll to find out what brand and weight oil everyone is running in their VW trikes.
Also, what oil filter and air filter are you using?

Thanks in advance.

:Flag:

:Shrug:

Doing a mini-poll to find out what brand and weight oil everyone is running in their VW trikes.
Also, what oil filter and air filter are you using?

Thanks in advance.

:Flag:

drumdoctor,
I use Amsoil 20-50 automotive oil , not m/c oil ( it takes the heat better , up to 400 degrees before breakdown )
I use a Wix oil filter ( as I have a divorced unit )
and the air filter is a K & N model.

The Amsoil gives you a full year of riding between changes and handles excess heat far better than the others.:woohoo: . :wtg:

the ACVW is a flat tappet engine. These require higher levels of ZDDP to control wear.
The formulation of motor oils has been including les and les ZDDP over the last few years. This is because catalytec converters are damaged by ZDDP.
I use the cheapest full synthetic wallmart has and add STP oil treatment.

Last oil change i used 15-45 diesel, seems to like it, VW mechanic told the same thing about the lack of zinc in newer oils, 15-45 on his recommendation. He told me to add quart of rislone next time along with it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png