Having to rebuild\replace Engine

May 23, 2011
Winder, GA
Last time I rode my 71' VW in July it started to blow oil out the back end. :AGGHH:
We thought it was the Seal but I was not that lucky. The bearings are shot. So we began tear it down for a rebuild. It looks like the case is shot.

So now I'm saving my pennies and looking for place to get a new or rebuild engine.
Not what I wanted to happen but I'm telling myself that... this way I "know" what I'll have once I get done.

That is one of the places I've been looking...

Has anyone delt with either West Coast Core or Herrell Bug Parts?

I was looking at either their rebuilt engine

VW engine 1641 longblock motor bug,ghia.sand rail,trike | eBay

or new engine

VW engine NEW 1641 longblock motor bug, sand rail,trike | eBay

Or maybe one of thier complete motors...

VW Complete Motor 1641 trike, sand rail, bug speedster | eBay

My Buddy stated he has a local guy that can get me a rebuild around the same price. That is "Herrell Bug Parts".
there web site is as follows: Herrell bug parts

Lindy at Herrels is good[a bit far to travel too], also Tim at Tim's VW part in Austell is closer and the best in engine building and will treat you right in price and great build on the motor, his # is 770-941-7329 and ask for TIM, or get a used one out of a VW bug off CL.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png