Windshield cleaner (Davies-Klear to land)

Aug 9, 2011
Gallitzin, Pa. USA
Any one else use this? I've used about everything at one time or another to clean winshields including vodka. This product is used on aircraft windshields and helo's and works great. Cost is less than a lot of products at $7.95 per can. I use it on my Wing and Bergman scooter windshields. I think the only place you can buy it is online. I've been getting mine from a friend that has a friend that is a helo mech.

My son did sturgis last year. On the way they had to pull off the road because it was raining so hard they could'nt see. While they were stopped another biker offered up a product (they don't know the name) , but they said that when they left that their windsheilds shed the rain better than a windsheild wiper could have. Anyone have any idea what the product could have been ?

No it wasn't rain x---i read somewhere that we should not use rain x on acrylic windsheilds--seems it said it would yellow or discolor it in time or something

Herb, Check with Zook and Marge. They use a product that does an amazing job -- I think the brand name is Ultraluster. Does that sound familiar?

jUST FOUND THIS ONLINE HAVEN T TRIED IT
Instead of wasting your money try this! 1st clean the windshield with Windex or what ever,wipe it dry, when completly dry rub bar soap all over it. Then wet the windshield with plain water and gently wipe it off. If you want to see how this works at home, do the same with your bathroom mirror and see what happens when you take a hot shower....clean dry glass! I use this method at work. I wear plexiglass safety glasses. They never fog up and when I go outside during rain,they stay clear!

No it wasn't rain x---i read somewhere that we should not use rain x on acrylic windsheilds--seems it said it would yellow or discolor it in time or something

I send RainX an e-mail a few years ago. Pretty much exactly what their response to me was.

I've been using Pledge on mine for years now. Makes bugs come off easier and sheds water. Plus it's cheap and goes along way.

Keep in mind there is a Marine Rain X. It is meant for the plastic windshields on boats. Hard to find, if they still make it. Probably need to go by a boating supply store.

The only thing that touches my Bike and Trike is "The BOM" (Best Overall Method) a.k.a. "Captain Richard's Best", and for metal I use their "BOMS Away".

I normally get it from the yearly Bike show in my area, but it can also be purchased on line. (But it is considerably more expencive then the $7.97 can stuff)

One place I found it on line is as follows:
Captain Richards Best Cleaning and Polishing Products

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png