Driving/Fog Lites 2010 GW Lehman

I am wanting to install driving/fog lights on my new GW trike. Is this something straight forward? Always concerned about splicing into wiring harness. Only had the trike for 3 weeks and 1200 miles, but want the increased lighting and visibility.

Thanks. Really enjoying this forum.

I'm not familiar with the Lehman conversion, so here are the basics.

If you have running boards you may have to remove them. You will have to remove the front cowling which in itself is a pain. Comes off easy, but for me, is always a pain to get back on. Be patient it will eventually go, for me it's after going through every profane word I can think of.

If you buy a light kit designed to the 1800 it's for the most part plug and play. There are connectors on each side which you will plug the lights into. You just need to run the wire for the on/off switch, which usually is installed on the left side below the pocket. This will require the removal of a couple of plastic pieces on the left side, but it's not that difficult.

If you go with a decent light kit then there will be no need to cut any wires. They all have plugs that connect to existing connectors.

Hope this helps

If you get ShowChrome or BigBike or Honda they're all basically plug and play. They'll give you more light but they will not be as strong as your head lights or a dedicated set of driving lights. To remove the cowl you dont have to remove the running boards. The front of the running boards have 2 bolts extra that connect to the cowling. You just have to be careful removing and re-inserting the cowling. And whatever you do DO NOT use thread locker on the screws ,it will break up the ABS that the metal clip sits on in the cowling. When putting the cowl on I usually try to fit the top and then one side at a time at the bottom of the cowl.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png