Important Balancing beads note

Mar 8, 2008
Alabama
As I posted before, I have put CounterAct beads in my tires. Beware, that even though I used the supplied new shcrader valves, when I went to check air pressure yesterday before a ride, the valves, ( all 3 of them,) STUCK OPEN!! Not a big deal to clear it out in my shop, where I have an air supply, but this would SUCK if you did it on the side of the road somewhere! A shot of air pressure cleared it right out, but thought I should tell you all to beware. The supplied valves are supposed to be "unaffected by dust". Well, they got that one wrong! jimsjinx

I've had experience with the dyna beads. If you check your air pressure with the schrader valves at the bottom of the rim, you have the potential to get a few beads stuck in the valve when removing the air chuck. Bear in mind this is where your beads settle when the bike is not in motion.

If possible, try to check your air pressure with the schrader valve at the top of the rim instead of at the bottom.

Last edited:
Hi jimsjinx, JohnC is right on. always check your air pressure when the schrader valve is off the bottom level. I too have the Dyna Beads and have never had a problem. Thanks for your diligence and advice, you are a good contributor.

I ran the dyna beads a few yrs. ago in the front tire. I only ran them a few thousand miles before selling the trike but I did have a bead get lodged in the valve once. I was lucky enough to have been at home when this happened where I had air.

The only bead balancing that I am concerned with is the glass beads. They work okay but not as good as dyna beads. It takes a lot more of these, volume wise because of their size and weight.
I always have my stem on a angle, just makes sense to me.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png