transmission easy shifting

May 29, 2011
Angie Louisiana
I had the opportunity to ride a 08 1800 goldwing trike just like mine and couldnt belive the differance in shifting. His being much much quiter and easy than mine. I ask what he did and this is what he told me. He said after oil changs with 10w 30 full synthetic, he did not fill crankcase completely up. said he mixed 4oz of trans slick 50 and 4 oz of crankcase slick 50. Finished filling crankcase. Said he was told by a honda Tech several years to do this and it has and is working very well. Ever heard of this?

Have not heard of that one but I think I will try it. I just switched over recently to full synthetic (Shell Robella T6) and have noticed a little reduction in the transmission sound but it could use more reduction. I would be interested, like you, if others have ever heard of it. Thanks for the information.

Just don't add anything, (including oil) that has moly additives or other friction reducers- that will screw up your clutches... be sure to find out what's in those additives.;)

Hi Cumbly, I just check out Slick 50 website and was impressed with the Slick 50 products. I was unable to determine if their products contained Moly or other reduced friction additives, however, so I sent an email to their technical group and should have an answer in a day or two.

My tranny shifts like butter with the Rotella oil . i would be Leary of an additive since the oil is what make the clutch work. Ruin the plates with slick stuff and u need to replace them . not fun on a Honda or a trike worse on a HONND TRIKE

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png