Cruise Control Trick!

Nov 25, 2010
La Grange, KY
I have not seen this mentioned and learned it from a friend: once cruise control is set and operational you can increase your set speed by tapping the accelerate button. One tap = +1mph, two taps = +2mph, etc. The same is true for decreasing speed by tapping the decelerate button. Makes setting precise speed very easy.

My bike is a 2006 "WingSmith" and my Garmin GPS tells me my speedo is exactly 3mph optimistic, i.e., 70 on the speedo is actually 67. So if I wish to do actual 70 I have to set the CC on 73.

it was honda autos in the late 90's (i believe that is correct) got sued by one org for having fast odometers,,,that gives better gas mileage and helps meet mileage stds,,, my 99 alitma was abt 4mph fast at 80

Subaru is 3 to 5 MPH faster . yet my brother in laws Caddy was 10 faster that is what gives better MPH . On 2 gallons of gas you are traveling 1 mile in a min. 60 in an hour according to your odometer ( trip meter ) in reality u only went 50 miles , the math says 30 mpg the truth says 25, the other way you think you are doing 60 when you are doing so you really traveled 70 miles in an hour not 60 and now you are getting 35 mpg but the trip meter say 30MPG. there I corrected it

Subaru is 3 to 5 MPH faster . yet my brother in laws Caddy was 10 faster that is what gives better MPH . On 2 gallons of gas you are traveling 60 miles in a min. according to your optometer ( trip meter ) in reality u only went 50 miles , the math says 30 mpg the truth says 25, the other way you think you are doing 60 when you are doing 50 so you really traveled 70 miles in an hour not 60 and now you are getting 35 mpg but the trip meter say 30MPG.

Even though my speedo is optimistic by 3mph, I have checked the odometer and it is right on target so when I figure my mpg I only use the odometer, and that generally gives me 35 mpg.

"you think you are doing 60 when you are doing 50 so you really traveled 70 miles in an hour not 60 and now you are getting 35 mpg but the trip meter say 30MPG.
Reply With Quote"
??? What am I missing, I don't understand.

I corrected it. If u are actually going faster than you think you are also going farther but if you are going slower than you think, you think you went ,you didn't go as far. So doing the math is not always correct off the odometer. True some speedometer are off but the trip can be correct. ONLY way is GPS .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamblin9511

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamblin9511
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png