Stallion insurance

Aug 1, 2010
EFFINGHAM, SC
It is coming up to the insurance time for me and the stallion.....do any of you stallion owners have any suggestions to where to purchase cheaper insurance other than what i have now "nationwide"..............@ 763.00 YEARLY

Oddoman
2010 (#667)
effingham, sc: Agghh:

It is coming up to the insurance time for me and the stallion.....do any of you stallion owners have any suggestions to where to purchase cheaper insurance other than what i have now "nationwide"..............@ 763.00 YEARLY

Oddoman
2010 (#667)

Insurance rates vary greatly due to demographics mostly, although one's driving record plays an important role as well, as does ones age. I've been with State Farm Mutual all my driving life-time, presently paying $254.00a year for full coverage on my '09 Stallion. My coverages and limits are: $500,000 liability, $100 deductible comprehensive, $250 deductible collision, & $100,000/$300,000 uninsured/underinsured motorist. I live in Watertown, SD, which affords me only about 4 months out of the year of acceptable driving weather. I dare say that I'm probably paying the least amount for my insurance among other Stallion owners for the amount of coverage that I carry. But then again, my Stallion is in storage for the other 8 months. Still I'm not complaining, and am quite pleased with my insurance. :)

Daydreamer

STALLION GIRL, since you pay about the same as I do because we live about 50 miles apart, you can get it cheaper at Foremost, you can get Foremost thru Farmers.

If your policy is written as "agreed value" you will receive whatever amount you & your insurer agree upon should your vehicle be totaled. Also, the amount you pay is dependent upon what source your insurer uses to determine its value. For example, I have Progressive to insure my 2008 Stallion. Progressive uses NADA as its source to determine present value. Surprise: NADA doesn't have a present-day value for 2008 or any Stallion models, but Kelley Blue Book does. I questioned Progressive about this on my last policy renewal & they stated they only use NADA; consequently I retained my "agreed value" policy (at a substantial premium, I may add).

Last edited:
If you store your stallion for long periods during the year, you can reduce the coverage to liability. most states require the insurance. Co. To provide prorated refund to you. I did that on my stallion. Understand that most home policies will not cover it if lost in a fire.

My coverage is with State Farm, under $300 a year. And they will pay "market value" if totaled. They are a little suprised at the 28.5-30 k value. Looks like they are going to total mine, waiting on a agreeable number. I have placed a deposit on a '12 Stallion, pick up at Daytona in March.:Trike1:

Big dog, sorry to hear of your stallion totaled out, hope everyone was ok.....but a new one will be a good thing...
Stall1803, is your insurance "libility" only?

If you store your stallion for long periods during the year, you can reduce the coverage to liability. most states require the insurance. Co. To provide prorated refund to you. I did that on my stallion. Understand that most home policies will not cover it if lost in a fire.

State Farm insures motorcycles & trikes on an annual term bases, much like most insurance companies. Where they may differ is that they charge 92% of the annual premium during the typical riding months for most states, March - October. The remaining 8% is earned during the winter months when most are not ridden and in storage. It's broken down like this: 2% of the annual premium per month for the months of November - February, 4% for March, 8% for April, 16% for May - August, 12% for September and 8% for October. You can tell your State Farm agent to suspend all your coverage while it is in storage, thus saving 8% of your annual premium, but in my opinion is not worth it. In my case, I would be saving a bit more since, living in SD, my trike is in storage from better part of October thru the better part of May. Still, I leave my policy in force for the complete term, yearly. In my state, you are not in violation of any financial responsibility laws if you owe a licensed motor vehicle without liability insurance in force. If you are driving it without liability insurance, now that's a different matter! If caught by "Barney Fife", not only will you pay a stiff fine, but you will have your drivers license suspended for 30 days, only to be reinstated if your insurance company agrees in make an SR-22 filing, (proof that you have a liability insurance policy in force). The filing will be required on all titled vehicles that you own for a period of 3 years, following your conviction date.
Sorry to have rambled on... The professional side of me got involved here. :D

Daydreamer

Oddoman
2010 (#667)

I got mine at ALLSTATE for $475 for the year

I'll be monitoring this thread for coverage on the October trikes. Hoping I can find something cheaper through it. I called my agent that has covered my prior bike (2005 Triumph Rocket III) and could not believe the prices she quoted on my upcoming Stallion. I only paid $270 last year for my Triumph. She was getting prices for the Stallion that ranged $1,100 to $2,700. Yes, I know that the value of the two different bikes were different. It just seemed to be such a huge jump. She did say to check back in October when the new Stallions start hitting the streets. She said prices may be lots better then, because there were some carriers she checked with that didn't even have it in their system right now and they will when the deliveries start happening.

In case you missed my earlier comment on separate thread I have traded in my 2005 Triumph Rocket III and ordered one of the new (yellow) Stallions. My dealer told me I possibly will not receive mine till December. :wave4::Excited: I guess if it doesn't come till December I can say Santa brought it. lol Glad it has a heater on it. I don't mind riding in the summer heat but hate the cold. I am a Summer Time Child in every way!

gee Stallions have been around since 2008. I think they should be in most listings by now. Allstate is very reasonable for me.

Keep in mind that if you have any points on your license, insurance claims and where you live at. All of this has a bearing on the price of insurance. If auto thief is high in your area, you will pay more for insurance. The value of your bike also has a bearing on it i.e. accessories and if you are also insuring a trailer with it and want it insured. a total investment of $50,000.00 in upper Florida with a clean driving record will run you $770.00 a year with full coverage and towing package through AARP.

I pay about $600 for both the Stallion and a 07 M109R Suzuki with over $3k in upgrades. It also covers breakdown towing and over night hotel if on the road.

Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png