Gun Owners

Re: Guns?

Mike,ThumbUp got the Kimber in the 4 inch Pro carry ll with crimson, love this gun.

Kimber's are a sweet handling gun. I also added a Ruger LC9 and LCP to the arsenal also. Since I have a carry permit and do carry 99% of the time I like the ability to conceal no matter what I'm wearing.

I believe it was 1994 when I got my permit or maybe 1995 whenever they first came available for my State.

Walther P5 - bought new in Germany in 1982, still in new condition
Springfield XDM - 9mm - nail driver
Sig Sauer P229 - hard to beat
Sig Sauer P238- My favorite carry
Smith E Series 1911 - A work of art
Smith air weight 38 - bought for wife
Colt AR15 SE OD green receivers Magpul loaded accessories
Remington 870 21 in barrel

I Qualified expert in the Army with M16 and colt 45, wife never shot a gun until she met me, always out shoots me with anything you put in her hand and she dosen't practice ever. Go figure, I try and stay on her good side...LOL

I find it interesting she never shot a gun until she met you.:D:D

Kimber's are a sweet handling gun. I also added a Ruger LC9 and LCP to the arsenal also. Since I have a carry permit and do carry 99% of the time I like the ability to conceal no matter what I'm wearing.

I was looking at buying a LC9 the other day. I have a bunch of 9mm shells and dont have a decent gun to shoot them. How does your LC9 shoot? Nobody around here has shot one, for me to get any feed back on it. I would also be able to use it for concealed carry if or when Illinios ever gets a conceal carry law.

I have shot the LC9, and it hurts my hands because it's so small - the best small firearm (I have fired most of the small ones ) of that size I fired was the SIG P238 - Many people I have spoken with say the same thing - it hurts their hand. Even the experience shooters that I know say the same thing. I don't recommend the LC9 for concealed carry as your primary - It's not a bad firearm for a backup or walking in the neighborhood.

I'm not knocking the firearm; just speaking from other people and my experiences. I used a revolver as a backup when I carried on the job - that was before the small auto came into existence. Whatever you choose ensure it's the right one for you. Your concealed carry should be an excellent firearm as far as reliability is concerned. You can't put a price on ones life. Good luck with your choice.

I have some scattered throughout the house (all 3 floors) with thumb locks for quick access along with full video monitoring & off site digitized archival.

For riding I almost always carry concealed. I generally ride by myself. For that, my choice is the inexpensive Ruger P95. My hands are too big to be accurate with anything lighter or smaller.
I practice shooting with left & right hands.
I've been shooting since my Uncle (3rd generation gunsmith) gave me my first lessons on an octagon non-rifled single shot 22 rim-fire.
Sometimes you could see the slug going through the target sideways.

He was a wealth of experience & knowledge.
I miss him now that he passed last year.
He also taught me how to hunt, ride & kill my first animal for food.
It was a chicken. I didn't cut the head off properly & I swear the damn thing chased me around the yard for 15 minutes. At least that's the way I remember it.
:D

John

New 45/410 Bond Arms with a lap holster and a 9mm in the boot. We ride a lot alone .
E.T.

For some reason everyone wants to carry a 9mm around! Some because they have a couple boxes of ammo laying around, others because they maybe just don't know any better.
Have you ever wondered why the FBI got away from 9mm?? When you are forced to shoot someone, you don't want them getting up again ! You don't shoot to wound someone !
Give a 40cal, or a 10mm a try. The 40cal is the better choice because of the availability of ammo. The 45 auto is better yet, but there is the control problem with some people. Really the Judge 45/410 is a fine choice, but not easy to conceal. Load 2 rounds 45 Long Colt, & 3 rounds 410 buck shot.
THINK ABOUT IT !!
Ride Safe
Merry Christmas
:Trike1:

For some reason everyone wants to carry a 9mm around! Some because they have a couple boxes of ammo laying around, others because they maybe just don't know any better.
Have you ever wondered why the FBI got away from 9mm?? When you are forced to shoot someone, you don't want them getting up again ! You don't shoot to wound someone !
Give a 40cal, or a 10mm a try. The 40cal is the better choice because of the availability of ammo. The 45 auto is better yet, but there is the control problem with some people. Really the Judge 45/410 is a fine choice, but not easy to conceal. Load 2 rounds 45 Long Colt, & 3 rounds 410 buck shot.
THINK ABOUT IT !!
Ride Safe
Merry Christmas
:Trike1:

I'm of the belief than any gun is better than no gun. There are some body shapes and modes of dress where the larger guns don't conceal well. When I'm traveling on the motorcycle I normally carry my little Ruger LCP, sure the 380 is puny but once again something is better than nothing. There are a good many times where street smarts and just the sight of a gun will prevent or end an altercation. Right now since its winter and I'm wearing bulkier clothing I carry my Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry, I can hide the 1911 style frame pretty easy in the winter.

A good deal of the time in the summer I carry my Ruger LC9, I've put several hundred rounds through it with no issues. It shoots pretty accurate at personal defense distances and it doesn't sting my hand. Now my Taurus Ultralite stoked with plus P's will sting the hand, but how many will think about their hand hurting when the adrenalin is flowing and their life is on the line. I carry the Taurus as my work around the yard gun.

I like the idea of the Springfield XDs, I haven't seen one up close but some of the reviews have been pretty good. I believe its the most compact and lightest in 45 acp right now.

The XD's are indeed awesome weapons. Had a XD-45 Service and wish I hadn't traded it off. SA has a newer line of more compact design and single-stack that I am seriously considering as #1 candidate for addition.
I too carry an LCP with a payload of Hornadys very often. Big fan of the "little" thing. It's as normal an aceessory to me as my wallet. Keep a Rossi 38 (Hornadys as well) ready to rock in the nightstand and is my deer hunting sidearm as well. Wife-a Bersa Thunder 380 in the glove-box. To name a few.
If size and weight were not a concern, my favorite: S&W model 29 Classic. Sweetest overall weapon I ever owned.

In Ca. we don't need guns! Our trusty Law enforcement officials have us protected. If only we could wait for a half an hour for them to get here when a crime is being committed. Wait make that an hour and maybe a half if they show up at all.

Snatched up one of the new XDS 45's... nice piece. 5+1 filled with Hornadays with a very slim single stack handle. Has the normal XD top end with night sights. Got talked out of my XD 40 and a Glock 45 slimline model. This new XDS fills the bill just right.

Mr Wizard on the spot with the first hand testimonial "Thumbs-Up"...
I bet that is a joy to handle and fire. Probably well weighted and balanced.
Thanks much for the review. Settles it for me: Gotta/Gonna have one.
My Wife won't like it one bit. But she's used to it.

I'll let Shiek Boo-Rock buy one for me through my annual gubmint confiscation return.
He'll be so proud :D

Mr Wizard on the spot with the first hand testimonial "Thumbs-Up"...
I bet that is a joy to handle and fire. Probably well weighted and balanced.
Thanks much for the review. Settles it for me: Gotta/Gonna have one.
My Wife won't like it one bit. But she's used to it.

I'll let Shiek Boo-Rock buy one for me through my annual gubmint confiscation return.
He'll be so proud :D

It's a little front heavy and will pull left 2" @ 20' but on plane. I need the sights aligned properly as they aren't aligned from Springfield. Back sight is a touch right and the front a touch left visually. I practice with a Smith that will push them for me.

The kick is lighter than the Glock 36 (45 slim) I had even my Glock 23 (40 mid). Good news it fits all my Glock holsters including the Crossbreed. The holster that comes with it is useless at best, so is the clip holster.

It comes with a red fiber optic front sight that is very cool and two back straps to help fit your hand. I really find the mags long enough and don't need the little finger on the grip while using this gun. As far as pricing... shops are all over the map so look around.

XD-S Compact 45ACP Pistol | Springfield Armory USA

On a side note...

911td.jpg

:D:D

For CC use, I have a Kimber Solo:

kimber-solo-02.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

For Home-Defense, I just picked up a Walther PPQ. This is probably the best gun I've ever shot:

Walther-PPQ.jpg

Thanks again Wizard,
The XD-45 Serv did the same thing. But as you said, if level, better than most in its class and sideways can be adjusted out with sights and hand/grip alteration. Prefer the weapon to be a tad on the front heavy side. Glad to hear it has little to no upward kick on recoil like the XD even with decreased length, barrel, and overall mass. I'm a big fan of the leather fitted Tagua IWB leather holsters but may switch to use an OWB version for this one. Liked the fiber optic front site as I have that (and rears if not tritium) on others and have become accustomed to it being easily visible and quick to acquire target. No need for a Pearce (or like) extender for mags huh? That's great as I find the handle is what prints the worst on medium to large frame sidearms when carried vertically. Shorter the better until it compromises handling and control. Anyways, appreciate the input which definitely solidifies the decision for me.

Soon as Boo-Rock releases my money he has been kidnapping and holding hostage the Buds down at the Shop will be getting some of it-Again. This Fiscal Cliff crap will probably delay the tax filing and subsequently the release as well. Can you just imagine how much interest the Thieves make on a mere 2 week delay on tax refunds? Exactly-TONZ. Wouldn't be at all surprised if that's the hidden mission and reason behind all the end of year SNAFU (Worked out quite well for them last year).

John C, respect those weapons of your choice as well. Both high quality and top-notch design and build.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png