Gun Owners

Re: Guns?

:mad: UNBELIEVABLE, Obama's $50 gun tax/registration thru 2009 1040 tax filing

Obama has gotten this Senate bill into the finance committee
Senate Bill SB-2009- will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. may require fingerprinting and a tax of $50 per gun,

This was put in an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986,this means the Finance committee can pass this without the senate voting on it:no:

My hubby was concerned about this and did some research. It seems this (or something very similar) was actually proposed by one congress person several years ago, but it was quickly shot down. However, the rumor has continued to circulate at intervals ever since then. Interestingly, a police officer who teaches tactical training (and is definitely pro-NRA) was interviewed on a radio talk show today and was asked specifically about this. He also stated firmly that it is just a rumor at this point, and should be disregarded.

New to the site. Have been a gun owner since I was 10(shotgun and 22) unless you want to include bb guns then 8. I now have 7 pistols from 22 to 45, Contender with 7 barrels from 22 to 358. 4 shotguns, 8 rifles 22 to 30-06. I reload for my pistols and rifles. Currently have 22 lbs of powder, 8000+ bullets and enough primers to load everything. I'm a CC in Colorado. S+W 640 Fully enclosed hammer 357. Looking at a Glock 40. Just be a paying member of the NRA. It's a strong lobby and will do it's part to protect out 2nd Amendment right. Which as I'm sure you have all heard by now was just suppored by the Supreme Court. The margin was close, so be very vigilant. The best way I know to help protect that right is to take a youngster shooting/hunting. They are the future holders of our destiny. My 2 cents worth.:)

I posted this in it's own thread. Sorry for the double post.

I need some help from you gals or guys.:confused:

I want to buy my bride a small pistol for her to keep in her purse and car.

I bought her an off brand 32 auto for her birthday a few years ago but it is very loud and kicks pretty good so she doesn't like it. She doesn't like any gun come to think of it. She has finally realized that I can't always be there.
I have preached to her for 27 years the importance of self protection and preservation. She is starting to come around.

What would you all recommend?

I am not looking for an investment$$$$$$$$.

I just want a small auto that has very little kick.

I usually don't buy from a dealer. I don't like the paper trail.

It has to be fool proof. Don't want 2 or 3 safeties. I need her to pull up and shoot.

Last edited:

I bought a nice little .380ACP double action with a Hammer Block Safety manufactured by BERSA S.A. (Argentina). It's a nice little ladies gun with light recoil but is loud, as are about all of them. I think I paid around $280.00 for it. Even has a keyed trigger lock built into the weapon that disables the trigger when the gun is stored. I've shot about 50 rounds through it and although not very accurate at over about 10 yards it's well built. The .380 is somewhat more powerful than the .32, really it's a 9mm "short" for all intents and purposes, and will get the job done at short range. For the price, I don't think you can beat it for what you're looking for.

Guns,
Well I have alot of guns, I think last count was 40 or so.
I have a passion for 1911 45's have 10 at this point all one off custom I built.
Used to do 3 gun matches.
So I guess I have guns and lots of ammo to.
Mike

Yeah, I still have a decent collection. Notice I said, "collection". That's what they turned into. I can't even remember when the last time was that I shot any of them.

And I also use to shoot competition Trap in my younger days. That was a lot of fun! We had a competition Trap Team where the cadence of the line was very fast. All you would see is one clay bird after another powder in the sky only a second apart. It was impressive. We would actually draw a crowd of spectators when we would shoot in that manner.. Ahhh yes,,, days gone by,,,,,.....

Just traded for a Desert Eagle MK VII .44 mag in polished chrome yesterday. I'm not familiar with the Desert Eagle and thought it was a MK XIX until I did further research. The gun is in perfect condition but unfortunately I didn't make a very wise decision and lost about $200.00 on the trade. Oh well, there's a sucker born every minute so if I wait long enough I'll find one and get my money back eventually!!??

cant have guns or carry them in the UK, can have a shotgun under licence side by side or up and over and thats about it......

I'm pretty fond of firearms, but of a different type. Aside from Dad's old Winchester single shot .22 I learned to shoot with, everything else loads from the front with black powder. I shoot competition and hunt, 'Pest used to compete too 'till Doc said she had to quit because of osteoperosis. For some reason she told him she shot a .45 cal rifle & pistol. He freaked & told her the recoil could break her. Yeah, RIGHT Doc -- her rifle, with it's target loading, kicks just a bit more than a .22, but he scared her out of "playing". Just about the time she quit, she got a beautiful little custom built .45, that's seen little use. All her toys are percussion ignition. I have 3 rifles -- 2 custom builts & one I rebuilt -- all flint locks. In the pistol catagory, I have 2 .45 single shots & a 3rd generation Colt's 1st model Dragoon .44, all percussion. I also have a .62 smooth bore flint lock. That's same bore as a 20 Ga shotgun. I shoot both shot & .600 round ball with it. That .600 does give a satisfying "THUMP" when it hits something! Yeah, I shake too much to use flint locks on my pistols.

Hmmm -- gonna have to figure out how to upload pix!

NM

agreed tmigala and before that sticks and stones and now nukes.kind of hard to do a drive by shooting with a knife or kill a bunch of kids at a school with a sword. you cant outrun a bullet.

Anyone know what a 1916 matching number German Lugar in fair shape is worth? I acquired one in trade and I want to sell it.

I also carry on the trike 9mm Glock. In home, one 9mm Glock, 32 cal Iver Johnson really old. My grandfather owned a jewlery store in Baltimore. He was more scared of the gun than criminals. 30/30 Wicchester, 30.06 Remington, 12 guage Mossberg.

And, I live next door to Just Glocks a gun range and the Texas Glock distributor.

you had to ask....here ya go
schmidt005.jpg
herbert schmidt single action .22 1967

12ga002.jpg

h+r 12 ga. tactical 18-1/4" barrel

derringer001.jpg
cobra .22 derringer

pa-63001.jpg
hungarian pa-63 9mm makarov

revolver002.jpg
uberti .44 black powder

glenfield009.jpg
hi-point 9mm

motorcycles001.jpg
my custom rem 597 target in fajen stock leopould optics

gsg.jpg
my gsg-5 .22 with the 44

eddy2.jpg
eddystone 30-06

SUNP0042.jpg
cetme .308

SUNP0023-1.jpg
another cetme .308 with a mosin nagant 7.62x54r
ya im a fan of guns lol!!!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png