frankenstein trike kit

man thats a baaad lookin ride. looks cool.hope the one im doin for my wife turns out close to yours. what rake do you have on yours. and do you think its easy to handle cause my wife will be a first timer.thanks curley

I have the 8 1/2 degree rake kit. Its the only way to go. Handling is great no problems at all, glad I went with frankenstein. Your wife should be happy also. curley

just finished frankie kit on wifes sportster. i see what you mean about belt alignment. started to get frustrated. i just loosened bolts on one side and turned tires that way and gave er a boot to that side and it moved right into place. tightin er up and she been ridin right in middle ever since. Love the look of it. rode it before i put on rake kit and thought no way is a kit gonna make this thing stable and i will never be able to put my wife on this thing. man was i wrong. the kit maDE ALL the difference in the world. i`ve been out beatin it up ever since (just to make sure it`s safe for my wife you understand). it`s alot of fun get all kind of crazy looks to. nothin like that around here. thanks frankenstein bike looks great. put it together in 5 hrs with rake kit and short shot pipes. very impressed.

I have a Cass County kit on my 2000 Sportster, but I bought my raked Triple Tree from Frankenstein and they were very helpful even though I don't have a Frankenstein kit. Shipping was also super fast, I ordered it Tuesday and it arrived today (Friday). That was from Kansas to California via FedEx.

BTW...The two major reasons I went with the Cass County Kit was the almost $2000.00 price difference and the fact the CCK is made with machined billet aluminum. Not a weld spot on it anywhere. It bolted together perfectly and everything was in alignment to perfection. The only thing I have to change is the Screamin' Eagle exhaust pipes because they hit the rear axle housing and of course the Triple Tree. Both of which I was informed that I may or may not have to change prior to ordering the kit.

Now that I have said all that, Frankenstein was my first choice if I had the funds to buy it and the additional parts to complete the conversion. In my opinion a person won't go wrong with either kit if money is no object.

how much was a cass county kit? i am going to build another trike with a softtail standard and not sure how much i am going to dump in this next one. do they have the entire kits with pipes and trees or you gotta buy it all by pieces. bought the whole kit through frankie and it ran about 5985.00 for all of it,got upgraded wheels for nothin cause they give ya 50 bucks if ya wire transfer the cash. its a great kit and i love the looks and install was so easy. but if cass is cheaper they too look good.

i will figure out how to post pics by the time i get fenders back from paint. can`t wait i feel like a little kid again waitin for christmas.

how much was a cass county kit? i am going to build another trike with a softtail standard and not sure how much i am going to dump in this next one. do they have the entire kits with pipes and trees or you gotta buy it all by pieces. bought the whole kit through frankie and it ran about 5985.00 for all of it,got upgraded wheels for nothin cause they give ya 50 bucks if ya wire transfer the cash. its a great kit and i love the looks and install was so easy. but if cass is cheaper they too look good.

$3158.00 with steel fenders and shipping. I opted to buy my own wheels which I bought a set of Crager chrome wheels from Summit Racing for $58.00 for both and a set of same as new tires from a local dealer for $60.00. As I said I bought my Tree from Frankenstein for $345.00 including shipping. A set of 2 inch diameter drag pipes for $49.00 so that makes the total $3670.00. I am going to change a few things on the trike also such as a new seat, handle bars and grips, etc. which has no bearing on the trike kits cost. Below is a couple of pics as it sits today.

Check out Hardbags.com for fiberglass saddlebags. They may work fine with your Cass County set up and fill in the rear a bit. I use mine all the time for small grocery runs etc. Think I paid $335.00 plus shipping and had mine painted to match tank and fenders. Price includes installation hardware and keys to lock saddlebags.

Thanks Guys. I had also thought of putting a touring pack on it, but I really like the looks of it as it sits when looking at it from the rear. Other than tail lights/turn signals on the fenders, saddle bags and a sissy bar with a pack on it is all that will be added I think.

yup i am planning on putting a sport touring seat from c&c seats and a old school sissybar-luggage rack to put a round bag on and i think that will be plenty room for us. i have a softtail with no bags so she will have to tote my stuff to. i love the open looking rearend on my frankie to. c&c make a great seat for the money. i just put one on my 1999 nighttrain that i have all old school flamed out and they made me a flamed out seat that contoures to the whole shape of the bike and man is it comfy. looks great and comparably priced but totally made and shaped for each year bike you have. i was very impressed. best seat i ever bought and i have bought alot. lol

Nice trike you put a lot of work into the build and it came out very good looking. Go put some miles on it before winter. curley

whozure how wide of a rearend do you have. aaa i mean how wide a rearend does your bike have. it looks wider then the frankie i put on my wifes. hers is the same color as yours but its 08 low. i think it`s a 34 inch rear i put on hers abd yours looks wider. i am going to put anotherone together and was just going over my options.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png