Hannigan info needed ....

Aug 1, 2011
Coarsegold, Ca. USA
Does anyone know the answers to any, or all of the following:

Is there a few mm allowance in wheel offset when looking for replacement wheels for the trike?
I see a number of 15X7 4-400 from 37 to 41mm offset but the stock wheel spec is 39mm offset, so I need to know it these +/- 2mm in offset would be OK.

What pads and calipers are used in the kit?

I'd like to add speed bleeders to the kit. Any idea of what the size and thread they are?

My trike has a difference of 1/2" between the left and right bump pads and their stops. It's apparent that the original installer tried to make up for the difference 'cosmetically' by using washers as shims to make up for the body lean that this difference in the side to side suspension caused, but it still has some lean.
And hints on where to look to resolve why the bump pad/stop spacing differences?
Was this done on purpose to compensate for crowned roads?
The bike tracks fine and tire wear is even, I just need to know if this is right and if not what to look for.

I have written Hannigan 3 times and called as well, but nobody can or will help me with these questions.

Actually I did get an answer to one question ....... when I called I had also asked if there were recommended jacking points for tire changes.

The guy told me that "you put a floor jack under the offset differential, and you need to have another person hold the trike level so it doesn't fall off the jack, then jack it up and put jack stands under the wheel spindles".

I'm sure many of you know exactly what it would entail to strip the wheels down to the spindles ...... for a tire change!!!
But more importantly ...... how totally dumb it would be to place jack stands under them to support the trike if you did!!! LOL!!

I was told my other questions and email address would be passed to somebody that could answer them, but I never got a call back or reply, so after a week or so I emailed this other person, but it's been almost another two weeks and no call back and no reply. :Shrug: :Shrug:

I was really surprised to get the cold shoulder from Hannigan, as they are touted as being pretty customer oriented, and they really did help with a shipper recommendation, but I am assuming that because I'm not an original buyer they are either too busy or not interested in getting involved, so I'm hoping somebody here has some answers or possibly pointers to a direction for me to go to and get the information I need.

TIA

All I can say the offset is fairly open . think of it as inches how far the hub center is set back in the rim. 12mm in 1/2 an inch more or less. So 39 can go 42 to 32 no problem

Hi John,!

I'm thinking the same thing .... a couple of mm either way (as long as I check for clearance for no rubbing) should be good.
But Hannigan is adamant about 'only' 39mm.

The difference in price is about $500 more per rim with Hannigan's selection, versus the rims I'm looking at.
So answers like yours are what I need to hear, to give me the confidence to risk about $250 delivered for 'both' of the rims that I like.

Thanks for the input!!

Hello flyer91

I have a gl1500 with a 2008 kit and I have noticed washers as shims as well used to level the body. The bike could not handle any better on the or off the expressway I am very pleased! I do think I have a slight body lean as well but very hard to see. I will measure the stops and post the results soon. I just upgraded my brakes to R1 drilled and slotted 3500 series casting rotors. And Hawk HPS pads. Pics on this site and Steve Saunders Forum as well. The 1500 uses 1984-1989 Honda CRX Rotors and brake calipers. The 1800 may as well and most probably does us the same axle and hub/brake system.

RICK

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png