Old Triker, new member.

Sep 21, 2011
Somerset UK
Hi I'm Doc and my trike is called Twisted Patience.

She's a US import GS850GN engine in a custom frame, Suzuki GSX1100 front end, Reliant back axle (small british fiberglass car)

Built by myself and several friends about twenty years ago and has been on the road since.

Started off as a car engined trike which I built the frame and I'm not a good welder so had someone else run the welds after I tacked it up.

Three Reliant 850cc engines later I installed a Kawasaki GT750 engine and when I couldn't repair that one economically I put the GS in and it's been there ever since which is about 7-8 years.

Original front end was Yamaha XS750 but that was bent by a woman driver reversing into the front of her and technically writing her off.

New frame was made to my drawings by my friend in 9 days and back on the road in three weeks that was with the Kawasaki engine and 44" drag pipes.

She now sports a 4 into 1 with half a race can and K&N's upjetted to suit.

Harley tanks hide performance coils and most of the electrics.

Seats are Suzuki VL125 modified to fit, Electronic rev counter is housed in a Rolls Royce sidelight and hung from the brass tank panel with brass rod.

Rear view mirror is an M18 shell casing turned by me.

Brass foot pegs front and rear also turned by me as are the aluminium risers and many other bits.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome.

Originally she was called Twisted whilst building her, then a few things happened that made me get a bit Pished off and my patience was sorely twisted.

Last edited:
Some pictures now uploaded into my Gallery
vbpicgallery.php

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png