Any special triking events this year?

The Wolf

TOI - Scotland
Mar 15, 2008
Livingston Scotland
Hello folks, do you have any speacial events arranged this year? Even better are you leaving your country to visit another country? If so let's hear...;)

We have a trip planned to Canada in the end of June. (I guess that qualifies as another country). We will travel to Edmonton Alberta to visit our son and daughter. It is 1300+ miles one way. We are planning to do the round trip in two weeks. This will be a bit of a test for my wife as she is not much for travelling. If we weren't going to see our kids I think she would say "have a nice trip".:rolleyes: I really want to make this trip as enjoyable as I can for her so if anyone has any good suggestions, I would welcome them.

i plan on going to Vienna again this year, to complicated to ship the trike so i use my son's bike while there, hope to go to a bike rally in croatia while i'm there

BK MI VI
MI PG

We have a trip planned to Canada in the end of June. (I guess that qualifies as another country). We will travel to Edmonton Alberta to visit our son and daughter. It is 1300+ miles one way. We are planning to do the round trip in two weeks. This will be a bit of a test for my wife as she is not much for travelling. If we weren't going to see our kids I think she would say "have a nice trip".:rolleyes: I really want to make this trip as enjoyable as I can for her so if anyone has any good suggestions, I would welcome them.

Glenn from my experiences I would recommend a plane ticket for Linda. I know I enjoy it more when my wife flies.

I would suggest that you take it as easy as possible so as not overwhelm your partner. 1300 miles each way is a lot for a first long trip considering your reluctant partner. 400 miles a 3 days each way would be busy considering I think. Also I would suggest the best motel you can afford to make your partner comforable at night.

I'm planning a very special trip to the foreign country of Alabama ;) to pick up my new trike when Bazooka gets her built. OK, so it's only a couple of hours away, but oh, baby, is it ever special! :D

And I am planning a special trip to Florida (leaving in two weeks---WOO HOO) where I will get to ride for a month in the middle of winter. UNHEARD OF for us! And where I will have the pleasure of meeting some of you special people in person. Can't wait!

i am planning on going to North Dakota and everyone knows that should count as going to another country especially during the Sturgis Rally. Hopefully we will get to ride up into Canada also this next year.:)

Forgot to mention my other special trip: going to Sarasota, FL at the end of January, there to meet up with Nana and Mr. Nana and to see her yumm-o-licious yellow Harley trike. Can't wait!

Wolf, what a great tread, great to know what others are planning.:cool:

Pat and I will be leaving for Arizona, February 1st, if all goes well.
All reservations are made. :)

Thinking of Sturgis in August, don't think it will happen!!! :(

We plan on leaving our summer home early this fall, late September, and riding the Blue Ridge Parkway. :eek::)

We would like to ride the Natchez trace, maybe next year!

Trying to lay out plans for a trip this year going to Smokey Mountains for few days, and then down to Savannah Georgia. Diane wants to go to Tulsa, OK for Wing Ding, but it's hard for me to take off at that time of year. Wolf, I would LOVE to be able to get over to your part of the world...

Only sure trip that I have planned is going to Americade in June, I love riding the roads around there, and seem to keep going back every year. Hoping to go to Daytona also but the wife is'nt to keen on going there. Well, as long as we're able to ride thats what counts, we'll be going somewhere.

Well, we completed our trip to Edmonton AB. Canada. Left Sioux Falls SD on June 25/09 and returned July 10/09. 3400 miles total. Average MPG 29. Total weight of trike (with both on) and trailer with fuel and our cargo was 2000 pounds.
I will fill in some more details latter this fall. Right now the weather is nice so gotta keep riding! :D

We are planning to hit England in September so hope to have some fun there and back. Off to sunny Florida late Sept to meet up with a few guys:)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png