2012 Tri-Glide Mufflers

Sep 1, 2011
Cookeville,Tn. USA
Just took delivery on 2012 Tri Glide and wanted some kind of Rush muffler as I have these on my 2010 EGC but local Harley dealer recommended the Rush with 2.5 baff'es which is the largest they make with no other mods. I don't want a real loud muffler and afraid these will be that way. What mufflers have you guys been using? The heat hasn't been any issue yet with only 200 miles on the trike but temperatures are in the 60's here in Tennessee. TIA

i left mmy '09 t/g stock as i like my cd stero.oh! i did put in a S&S 511 cam and it really made it a better bike to ride. roll on and throttle-up.

Just took delivery on 2012 Tri Glide and wanted some kind of Rush muffler as I have these on my 2010 EGC but local Harley dealer recommended the Rush with 2.5 baff'es which is the largest they make with no other mods. I don't want a real loud muffler and afraid these will be that way. What mufflers have you guys been using? The heat hasn't been any issue yet with only 200 miles on the trike but temperatures are in the 60's here in Tennessee. TIA

Hey Hoghead, your not far from my neck of the wood's. Did you get your Triglide from Bubba Boswell? I bought an 09 EGC from him in December of 08.
I had the stage 1 on it with Rush slipon's with 1 3/4 inch baffles. Sound was great, but the 09 didn't have the Cat in the header. Rush makes good stuff and it's entirely an individual choice when it comes to exhaust.If you plan to leave the stock header on, you can go with just about anything and it will not be loud.
I put FuelMoto Dyna tuned Jackpot's on my 2010 RK and my wife's 2010 SG Trike. They were perfect with the Cat,but when I removed the cat on both bikes, they were too loud! However, you can buy them with the quiet baffle. If I were going to choose between the Rush and Jackpot's, I would take the FuelMoto Jackpot's. I think they are a better quality muffler. The packing burned out of my Rush muffler's in 12K miles. I'm running the same Jackpot's on this new 2012 that my wife ran on her 2010 for a year and 20K miles.

I have a set of FuelMoto carbon fiber slipons that I had on my 2011 Triglide for 300 miles and I will take $450.00 plus shipping. Perfect condition cost 700.00 new plus shipping. You can see them on their website. I just found something I liked better. helipilot@Triad.rr.com email me if interested. Thanks, Jerry

Hey Hoghead, your not far from my neck of the wood's. Did you get your Triglide from Bubba Boswell? I bought an 09 EGC from him in December of 08.
I had the stage 1 on it with Rush slipon's with 1 3/4 inch baffles. Sound was great, but the 09 didn't have the Cat in the header. Rush makes good stuff and it's entirely an individual choice when it comes to exhaust.If you plan to leave the stock header on, you can go with just about anything and it will not be loud.
I put FuelMoto Dyna tuned Jackpot's on my 2010 RK and my wife's 2010 SG Trike. They were perfect with the Cat,but when I removed the cat on both bikes, they were too loud! However, you can buy them with the quiet baffle. If I were going to choose between the Rush and Jackpot's, I would take the FuelMoto Jackpot's. I think they are a better quality muffler. The packing burned out of my Rush muffler's in 12K miles. I'm running the same Jackpot's on this new 2012 that my wife ran on her 2010 for a year and 20K miles.

Yes my trike came from Bubba. Have bought 4-5 bikes from him since they been here in Cookeville. Good place to deal and their service dept is also good. Where is the best place to buy the Jackpots? I'm not sure if I will ever do anything else as far as engine performance goes or not. It seems to have a substantial amount of power compared to my 96 in the 10 EGC.....Are you glad you changed the headpipe without the CATS. I don't know much about the tuning process etc. so don't know exactly what route I will take.....

I put the 3.5 JackPot's on my wifes 2011 Tri Glide and she loves them. They sound great, are a little louder than stock but she has no issue hearing the radio. Also, just to add, I put the Fuel Moto head pipe on it as well as the Power Commander Vision tuner, Fuel moto/Screamin Eagle air cleaner kit. Also removed the lowers and put on a smaller "Evo" type breather cover on it.
This thing was really hot till I did these things to it. I used the 3.5's because the stock 4" mufflers would drag on occasion and the "Evo" style breather cover because it made less or no contact with her short leg as compared to the stock football cover.
We just got back from a 1500 mile road trip last week and it's getting harder to keep her off the bike. I guess its a good problem to have.

Edit: http://www.fuelmotousa.com/

Last edited:
I'm running Rush 1 3/4" on my '08 Ultra/Champion with a 103" build and cams. They're not too loud with my true duals so I would think they would not be excessively loud on your bike with the CAT still installed.

Yes my trike came from Bubba. Have bought 4-5 bikes from him since they been here in Cookeville. Good place to deal and their service dept is also good. Where is the best place to buy the Jackpots? I'm not sure if I will ever do anything else as far as engine performance goes or not. It seems to have a substantial amount of power compared to my 96 in the 10 EGC.....Are you glad you changed the headpipe without the CATS. I don't know much about the tuning process etc. so don't know exactly what route I will take.....

Fuelmoto.com Talk to Jamie or keith, I got mine for 299.00 shipped. That was over a year ago. I've seen dyno chart's with and without the Cat. The cat add's heat more than restriction. If you plan on doing a lot of commuting around town, I would consider something like Fuelmoto's or Fulsac's Exhaust system. You will need a tuner if you do that. The way I ride, the cat heat does not bother me. You see in my sig pic what I run. The entire system ran a little over 500.00 $$$ my bike runs great! I know it's not the perfect Tune, But I don't race anymore so 1 second longer to get somewhere is ok with me. The main thing I wanted to do is get rid of the closed loop lean condition, let it breathe and hear the rumble of the harley V-twin.

Thanks for everyone's reply and recommendation. I think I will ride mine a few hundred miles and think about what I want to do. BTW 10RHRK I really like the color of your bike on your page. Same as mine..lol......Again,Thanks very much

Spertrapp Kerkers with Yaffe Claw End Caps. Sound is certainly more pronounced (I think that is the politically correct term). Almost set off a car alarm sitting next to it?!?!?! Maybe the alarm was set too sensitive?

Loud (pipes) is a relative term, but one which can be counter acted by keeping the radio louder. :Trike1:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png