the same idea what looks good. personally i had rether screw up some steel
my self than pay someone else to build a trike like they think it should be and
then not suit my tastes.just because they have built several trikes doesn't
mean they are the best builders. if you travel some you can see who takes
pride in their fabrication skills and who just welds metal together to sell you
something. just my opinion, i wanted to find someone on here with knowledge
to share but haven't made that contact yet. not find a builder that was look-
for a new customer. have a good day & best wishes to all. BILL

i'm wanting to build a simple vw powered trike. most i have seen are too long for my taste. i like the very short& low versions. i'm good welder/fabricator. like i mentioned most people that have offered to help have really wanted to sell something they had laying around or just wanted me to pay them to build me a trike. i don't know sh*# about building a trike but i have welded& fabricated for years&years & have enough equipment at home to do it. i also have access to bargain price new steel & get plenty of short steel at scrap prices. anyway just wanted to let other newbies on here what they may run into. i just want to build a short,single passenger trike with brakes on all three wheels & use a motorcycle tank & a few lights on each end. been looking for a vw eng&trans-axle. thanks and best wishes to all...Bill

if you got the money then buy a wip from somebody for a couple of k then modify.find your style[short,low,single passenger]and go for it.add your own styling qs.i got a basic crap trike and am fabbing my own style.look at the pics section under frankentrike.not done yet,but coming along nicely.good luck.ThumbUp

that is sort of what i have had in mind. still looking. i have seen some VERY
unique creations. just haven't hit up on the right project yet. thanks BT

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vencill

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vencill
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png