old fellow returns

Hello everyone, I have been here before a good while back but got lost:Shrug: I am here again hoping to gain knowledge about building a midengine trike from the engine and transmission from a front wheel drive Suburu. The boxer engine being short height wise and short lengthwise it just seems like something nice could come from its use. Thank You and may we all ride until we find the gold at the end of the rainbow !! John F.:Excited:

Welcome, good to see you in here again. you may want to take a look in my profile at my Reaper Trike, it is powered by a ea82 fuel injected subaru engine, subaru auto transmission, this makes a sweet set up, gobs of power & handles like a sports car, haven't weighed it yet but it feels like a good balance front to rear, low center of gravity works great in the twisties. Caveman

Caveman50, do you have any early pics where you were trying to work out the frame to fit the engine and trans mounts? You know a looong time ago. would be interested. I do like what you came out with...NICE. johnf

Sorry John, not much of a photographer, although frame lay out, engine mounts are really quite simple, I may be able to get some pics of the basics for you. thanks for the compliment, Caveman

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png