need new front tire for HD v rod

curley03

Contributing Member
Oct 6, 2010
Austin,Tx.
I'm looking for a new front tire size 120/70ZR x 19. I can't find a rear car tire that will fit. I've worn out 3 front tires in 17,000 so far. The 1st was an OEM Dunlop it lasted about 6,000 miles 2 wheels. Then came another dunlop it lasted about 5,000 miles Before I went 3 wheels I put on a set of Metzler's. They are showing signs of wear now. I'm thinking about an Avon or Pirelli tire in front. What do you'll think? thanks for your ideas. curly

I like it more than I ever expected , when it was decided that my 2 wheel days were rapidly going. I ride it as fast as I rode the 2 wheel. ALMOST . I got to 140 mph on 2 wheels and so far to 110mph on 3 wheels. I got into a race with a friend who was driving a corvette like mine 07 silver coupe. I stuck with him to 110mph and he backed off, guess he did not want to lose. I can spin the tires from start and she corners great I got caught in the rain here first in months and the front tire sucks. They slid all over when coming to a stop. That's why I'm replacing it with another brand. Down side so far is space. I just ordered a Kuryakyn gran tour bag. Gas mileage is close depending on how I turn the throttle. About 35 MPG. Rear ratio came out the same with a front pulley change to 28 teeth from 30 teeth. RPMs at 70 stayed the same. Pulley helped low end torque. Texas trike conversions in Conroe,Tx. did a great job. see Philip Ware he does all trikes. Would I do it again? Yes only sooner. The solid rear axle is no problem ride is great always feels like I'm in control. Get the front rake its worth the money, mine is 8 1/2 degrees. The prices are reasonable around $9,000 out the door, I had special tires, wheels fenders, brackets and paint + install. curley

Gorilla I checked on the side car tires. Ther are 3.50X19 . need 120X19 too wide and too tall with fender on may work without fender. Still looking. curley

Look into rear tire sizes to see if one matches up. Then mount it in reverse direction. Yes, I said reverse the rotation direction. It works! ThumbUp Tom :NoJoke:

I finally made up my mind and ordered a Pirelli Night Dragon .It is supposed to offer good traction and long wear. My next tire will be on an 18inch wheel there are many more choices than a 19in wheel. Now I have to find a HD 18 wheel probably a fat boy or sportster wheel. The side car tire a 3.50X19 would have fit but the load and speed rating was lower than a front or rear tire. Interesting search IMOP. curley

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawntucker

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawntucker
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png