champion trike rear tires

John, I think all of them run pretty close to the same regardless of brand. The final pressure is up to you. I run about 22-24 lbs. on my MotorTrike and 41 in the front. Depending on what rear tires you have and the load you carry, you can play around with it 'till you find what works best . I normally run with two people on, and sometimes pulling a trailer. 22 lbs seems to work best for me. Good luck and ride safe....:)

The builder that installed my Champion kit advised me to keep the tire pressure at 16-17 lbs. in the rear wheels. I almost never have a second person on the trike and am a petite woman. I find that when I have higher pressure than that, the ride is rougher, so I keep it right where he suggested. The man knew what he was talking about!

I am running 22 in my L rear and 24 in the right rear because of the huge Crown in CONN roads

I put a line of chaulk across the tire tread and drive down the driveway.if the chaulk is worn all the way across ,you have the right pressure for full contact of the tread on the pavement. Works for me, running 20# in each when two up pulling the camper...John:)

Same as JJ, 41 in the front and 20 in the rears. I have run as little as 16-18 in the rears, but 20 provides the best all-around ride, loaded or not.

I still have my original Dunlap on the front. I keep it at 39. That tire does not like bumps.
Like John does with his,
I run 23 in the left rear and 25 in the right with 15 in the shocks.

I've been running 16# in the rear as per my builder's advice but think I'll try 20# and see if the ride improves. I'm running 35# in the shocks and it seems to ride comfortably with either one or two up.

I seem to be the oddball. I run 12&14 with 22 up frount. I ride alone and do have 195,50,15s witch is alot of rubber on the ground. I dont have the ez stear and started out hard and kept droping air till I lost most all the frount end wip. Just got back from Laughlin Trike In it was the most miles sence I built it (860) and did not get beat to death. I dont know how much better it could get with the racked trees. But I do know that I need a gel pad seat.
Loner Cal. State Director BTW

I am running 20 in rears but am thinking about changing out the Dunlops for ??? Traction is a bit of a problem--hard to engage with much throttle without "chirping" the rears----also "chirps" when accelerating from a stop when making a sharp turn (out driveway to extreme right for example) and when downshifting.
Also found them slippin an sliding a bit around the mountain roads when riding in the rain.

Like others above....depends on how/where you ride. 18-20 pounds (rears) just doesn't work for me and the ride is much to mushy in cornering. Also, you may find that you loose air at these lower pressures. Automobile tubeless tires just weren't designed to run that low. In the mountains and curves...I jack mine on up to around 27 pounds and it greatly improves cornering. Normally around home here in the flat-lands I run around 24-25. It will also depend on how you're loaded...2-up, luggage load, etc.

Just play with it and see how you like it. You won't "break" anything...unless you run them ridiculously low.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png