New owner of '08 RSV Trike

Hi all,

We just acquired a 2008 Yamaha RSV Hannigan trike :wave4: I Don't have any questions yet, just wanted to check-in here.
I'll be looking for accessories and chrome for it so if anyone has vendors to suggest I'll take a look.
Any tips on upkeep of the trike kit ?

Here's a few pics of the bike and my wife, the proud new owner.

Jay

Nice looking bike ! I love the running boards and it's a planned upgrade for ours along with an Aux. fuel tank. Our trike has a few cosmetic problems , but, we got it for such a low price I had to pull the trigger on it.

Welcome aboard RAGTOP69GS. Congratulation on your new trike. I'll be picking mine up this week. 2009 RSV Hannigan trike. Nice looking trike you have. I don't know any vendors right now. But, I'll be asking around and checking the forum. Good Luck with your trike. My pics below.

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/members/berngren-albums-trike-completed-10-08-2011.html

Ragtop didn't buy this trike....He stole it. I thought I got a good deal on my 99 RSV. your deal was the deal of the century. If only I waited:AGGHH. By the way,did you correct the steering issue?

Ragtop didn't buy this trike....He stole it. I thought I got a good deal on my 99 RSV. your deal was the deal of the century. If only I waited:AGGHH. By the way,did you correct the steering issue?

Ya he sure did steal that one. Looking forward to riding with Jay & Jeanie whenever this weather here gets dry again.
Larry
Oh welcome to Trike Talk too Jay

I got the oil changed, aired up the tires which helped with the steering but did not eliminate the shake. Next is the head bearing, Jim at Hannigan says it should be 35-38 Ft/pd. If that doesn't get it then I'll do an alignment. He emailed me the procedure for doing the alignment.

Can't say enough good things about Hannigan so far, they have been very helpful. ThumbUp

Ragtop didn't buy this trike....He stole it. I thought I got a good deal on my 99 RSV. your deal was the deal of the century.

Better than you think, we got it for even less than he was asking :D

I got the oil changed, aired up the tires which helped with the steering but did not eliminate the shake. Next is the head bearing, Jim at Hannigan says it should be 35-38 Ft/pd. If that doesn't get it then I'll do an alignment. He emailed me the procedure for doing the alignment.

Can't say enough good things about Hannigan so far, they have been very helpful. ThumbUp

Better than you think, we got it for even less than he was asking

Think I'm gonna be sick.LOL. Good luck with your new toy. Are you going to bring it to the International next year?

Better than you think, we got it for even less than he was asking

Think I'm gonna be sick.LOL. Good luck with your new toy. Are you going to bring it to the International next year?

I think that's a pretty safe bet. I'll have the hitch on the 3 wheeler by then and she can pull the trailer instead of me.

Well I think I have it dialed in now! I jacked the front tire off the ground and the forks darned near flopped to the side all by themselves, just a tap on the bar had it fall to the right and bounce off the stop and back 2" no wonder it had a head shake! torqued it to 44 ft/lb with the blessing of Jim at Hannigan. Put the whole thing back together and went for a ride Only the slightest shake at 1-10 mph and rock solid above that, even on decel.

The local trike shop say's they torque the Hondas and harleys anywhere between 50-85 ft/lb and the bearing setup on the venture is almost identical. He got Jim on the phone and he said they take the RSV between 35-45 ft/lb.

I'm glad everything worked out okay for you Ragtop69gs. No problems with my 09 RSV steering. I've been riding it for a week now, and everything appear to be sound. The only issue I have is the cruise control. I'll be taking it back some time next week.

Does your cruise set but not hold speed? If so, it's probably the wheel, set in the wrong position in the junction box for the throttle cables, it's on the left side behind the neck cover. There are 2 wheels in there, if they do not engage each other properly your cruise won't set. Hope this helps.

I'm glad everything worked out okay for you Ragtop69gs. No problems with my 09 RSV steering. I've been riding it for a week now, and everything appear to be sound. The only issue I have is the cruise control. I'll be taking it back some time next week.

Last edited:
That is correct Rag. The cruise won't set. I called the installer and I'll be taking it to him on Friday, 10/28. The trike is only a week old. Thanks for the info. I

I have been checking my gas mileage; hwy and town 32. Highway 35. Are you getting around the same?

Have not checked mpg yet. Riding season is almost done here, only local rides, so until next season I don't really care. By spring I will have an aux. gas tank in it, then I'll check.

Sounds like it could be what I was talking about with the cruise, It's an easy fix of maybe a half hour.

It does not hold. Once I turn the cruise on the lights blink. (Yellow and Green) When I hit the set button, the cruise do not engage. The lights just keep on blinking.

Thanks for the pics. I will use them if need be when I take the trike to the shop. I do appreciate the info.

Does your cruise set but not hold speed? If so, it's probably the wheel, set in the wrong position in the junction box for the throttle cables, it's on the left side behind the neck cover. There are 2 wheels in there, if they do not engage each other properly your cruise won't set. Hope this helps.

Haven't thought about that, I will have to give it a look. Sets but disengages most of the time thought it was a weak vacume.......

Welcome aboard.

Now if some one will buy mine...................:)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png