Need input on Ebay

Big_Steve

Tour Captain - Contributing Member
May 23, 2010
Southwest Florida
I intend to list my trike on Ebay most likely tonight. Trying to decide what format. Wondering which works best for sellers, and which buyers prefer. I could list a straight auction, starting at the lowest price I'm willing to take. I could start low, with a reserve, or list a set price with best offer.

Seems to me that buyers don't like reserves, and they don't like to start high (at my lowest acceptable price) so I'm thinking listing higher then I need, and let buyers make offers. What do you think?

I have been selling on ebay for 12 years and personally don't like reserves as a buyer or a seller. I would either start it out at what the least you would take for it, a buy it now price or a buy it now or best offer. You can always tell the ones the start things out low and have someone run the bid up. They will have it relisted do to a deadbeat bidder. If your not overpriced, most of the time it will take care of itself. Another place you can post it is on facebook. I didn't know they had a classified app, but that is where I found the trike I just bought.

I seem to have the best luck selling using the auction format with a buy it now option. I could never sell using the no reserve. I like bidding and buying on no reserve. I can't take the chance on low ball offers.

I have a reserve price always. I start out the pricing at about 50% of the value. That seems to get a lot more lookers and bidders.

Good luck.

I sold my Toy Hauler RV on Craigs list. I will not use that site again. I had 40 to 50 attempted scam emails.

It was hard seaching through all the emails to find a legitimate buyer.

I have done more buying on craigslist than ebay. got burned a couple of times on ebay.
now, if I can't see it in person I dont want it.I still check out ebay, some things there you would have a hard time finding elsewhere.just have to know what you are looking at and what the value is prior to bidding, and read the ads very close. dont skim the ad and start bidding.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png