Rake kit and tire wear

Are you still running stock front tires? That sure sounds like the miles most of us got until we changed to running a bias ply rear tire on the front of the trikes. Most use either a Bridgestone Battle Ax (BT-45) or the Michelin Pilot.

There are several threads about the subject. You'll find more information then you might want...

Seriously, I converted my '06 a few months ago and have nearly 7,000 on the BT-45 mounted in reverse. I just finished a weekend in the Texas hill country and there is still almost no ware on this front tire.

I have been running Dunlop Elite 3's except the last tire was a Marathon ME880 which I did not get even 7000 miles on it before the tire started seperateing at the sidewall. I will try the Bridgestone.

Not sure of tire wear ,but sure will help stering.Cupping is usually a result of low air pressure.You should pm or call Zook.He has good prices on rake kits and he is not far from you.RIDE SAFE

I have been running Dunlop Elite 3's except the last tire was a Marathon ME880 which I did not get even 7000 miles on it before the tire started seperateing at the sidewall. I will try the Bridgestone.

I agree 100% with Lucky!!! One of our members told me it was like adding power steering to a dump truck.... That was an under statement. Some say they don't need/want the rake but the vast majority of us love it.

The tire ware issue will go away when you no longer mount the radial tire on the front wheel. As earlier said..... Go with the BT-45 or MPA. There may be others out there but these two have sucessful records.

Hope that helps.

Jerry

Are you still running stock front tires? That sure sounds like the miles most of us got until we changed to running a bias ply rear tire on the front of the trikes. Most use either a Bridgestone Battle Ax (BT-45) or the Michelin Pilot.

There are several threads about the subject. You'll find more information then you might want...

Seriously, I converted my '06 a few months ago and have nearly 7,000 on the BT-45 mounted in reverse. I just finished a weekend in the Texas hill country and there is still almost now ware on this front tire.

Should be interesting, I just put on a BT45 without doing the reverse rotation thing. We'll see what happens a year from now.

Should be interesting, I just put on a BT45 without doing the reverse rotation thing. We'll see what happens a year from now.

I really don't think forward or reverse rotation is going to be a big deal. For some it might be (Jury is out) but for the average rider it won't make a hill of beans....

I thought I'd try the reverse first then do the forward next time. Hope you reach that point first and send out a good report.

So far I sure don't have anything negative to say. The tire is wearing SUPER and handles Great.

I have 26,400 on my rear/front bias tire. No cupping. Also have an 8* rake kit. Don't know if the rake has anything to do with tire mileage, but air pressure definatley does. It still has a few thousand left in it and can't be had anymore. (Macadam 50) I will probably go with the BT45 next. Stan

On a 2010 Gold Wing 1800 Motor Trike IRS I'm running 4.5 degree Raked Trees, Progressive Fork Springs, Michelin Pilot Activ Tire (straight up mounted in my case), and have gone up to 42 lbs of air.....Perfectly satisfied so far with Handling, Ride, Mileage, No Cupping yet.....ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png