hello from New Zealand

Oct 19, 2011
auckland, new zealand
kia ora koutou katoa. greetings from aotearoa - land of the long white cloud - a.k.a. new zealand. yup, another kiwi.

haven't got a trike yet, but looking at 3 possibilities: a h-d ultra classic triglide, a honda goldwing gl1800/champion conversion, a can-am spyder rt-s.

sigh. decisions, decisions...

btw, some newbies may learn a thing or two about riding a trike from you tube's "can-am spyder safety video". comes in 3-parts. i found them helpful.

Re: hello

Hello from Utah. I've circled the sun 67 times and got my first 'Moto-Scoot' at year 13. I've owned oriental, British, and now a HD Ultra that I planned on converting to a trike. After researching the TOTAL costs I will probably sell and try to buy a used trike... HD Ultra, Goldwing, or Stallion.

I found this forum and thought I'd join and learn. So, thanks to everyone for any advice and at this time... "I'm all ears".

Ride 'em safely,
Craig in Utah

A big Trike Talk welcome to both of you! Big choices ahead, and you both have quite a wide variety of options listed -- all completely different.

Craigar, I'm wondering why you would find it less expensive to sell and buy a used trike? Adding a kit to an existing bike is often the least out of pocket option. Of course, if you are not happy with the current bike or it has too many miles on it......

Hello Shah and Craigar, welcome to the Trike talk Forum where you will find the friendliest and most knowledgeable people on the internet. Your decisions are the same as many of us have made in the past. I would like to welcome you to check out the many threads that address this subject and remember we are all somewhat prodigious about our choices. So, try to sort out the opinions and pay attention to the facts. Good luck with your choice and enjoy the knowledge on the forum. Lastly, when you are officially a Triker I urge you to join the TOI (Trike Owners International) organization. Not only is it free but comes with a global perspective on Triking. See the thread that explains the organization and benefits.

kia ora koutou katoa. greetings from aotearoa - land of the long white cloud - a.k.a. new zealand. yup, another kiwi.

haven't got a trike yet, but looking at 3 possibilities: a h-d ultra classic triglide, a honda goldwing gl1800/champion conversion, a can-am spyder rt-s.

sigh. decisions, decisions...

btw, some newbies may learn a thing or two about riding a trike from you tube's "can-am spyder safety video". comes in 3-parts. i found them helpful.

welcome aboard. All 3 are good choices. Good luck

Hello from Utah. I've circled the sun 67 times and got my first 'Moto-Scoot' at year 13. I've owned oriental, British, and now a HD Ultra that I planned on converting to a trike. After researching the TOTAL costs I will probably sell and try to buy a used trike... HD Ultra, Goldwing, or Stallion.

I found this forum and thought I'd join and learn. So, thanks to everyone for any advice and at this time... "I'm all ears".

Ride 'em safely,
Craig in Utah

welcome aboard. the costs might be close but if you use you current bike you know what you have and not someone else problem ride. Just my opinion.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png