'97 Yamaha Royal Star?

Oct 20, 2011
New Kent, VA USA
This bike is w/in driving distance, phone call seems to indicate "normal" people, guy just wants a more powerful bike, was a neat-freak with bike, super meticulous, wants bike to go to a good owner that will take care of it! Sounds like a slowish lazy type of eazy rider I think my hubby is looking for -- but the price to me seems awful high for a '97. But is this a luxury bike that if still in good shape would be worth it???? It has a motor trike conversion and only 16k miles. They are asking $12k

1997 Yamaha Royal Star, Kinsale VA - 99692070 - Cycletrader.com

NKPDBLUE, That is a gorgeous bike for the price. The seller is probably trying to make back the money he invested in the trike. If you take a good look at the bike, it has some venture parts on it. The truck & rack, seats, and rails to install the armrest. You can look at my bike (09 RSV) and see what I'm referring to. The faring must have cost him quite a bit too.

So, I think the price is fair in my opinion. The bike is clean, and the colors are nice. I do not think you can find a trike for 12k that look that nice. I would have it checked out to ensure everything is working. The miles are low for that year bike. (Tour Deluxe) The bike was probably sitting for a while.

Other than not seeing it, it's a fair price.

Thanks for the great advice Berngren------really can't hold a candle to yours though, lol. Hubs worried about the age, but I hope we can drive over and take a look at it this weekend. It's about 85 miles one way but pretty country over on the Eastern Shore. Btw, the pretty black Honda Shadow trike we were looking at, sold this weekend :(

NKPDBLUE. I almost sure you can talk the price down some. The economy is bad now, and people are hurting for cash. Whatever you do enjoy your drive. One more thing. The age does not matter much when it comes to a bike. It's how the bike was maintain.

I sold my 1993 Goldwing in 2/2009 for 6500. The bike was immaculate condition. (Body & engine) I sold it to a fellow in OK. When he saw the bike he couldn't believe the condition it was in. It had 75k miles on it. It really was chromed out.

Anyway, he said the bike looked better in person than it did on the internet. His wife couldn't believe it. She thought the bike was newer. When he got home he told me the bike rode like it was brand new. He didn't even want to go home but his wife was following him in the car.

The key thing to a bike is to keep it maintained and cleaned from day one. That is what I did with the GW.

God Bless on whatever you do.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png