austin area gw's

Yep, there's a few of us! We have a whole bevy of 'em in our Goldwing club - mostly trikes! And there are several TOI-TX members in the general Austin area - if you like, I'll PM some of our folks and ask them to get in touch with you!<br />
<br />
Isn't Austin a wonderful place to live - - uh, summers excluded! This past summer nearly did me in, although we did ride to Maggie Valley, NC, to the TrikeTalk.com Rally in the Valley #4. Wonderful time - maybe you'd like to join us next June!<br />
<br />
(Have you joined TOI-TX yet? Registration form for TOI is under the TOI thread, just above the ChatBox on the Forum. Would love to have ya!)<br />
<br />
If you'd like to come up to Killeen (about an hour northwest of Austin), our GWRRA meeting is tomorrow night (every fourth Thursday) at Fuddruckers at 6:30, and is finished by 8PM. We'd be delighted if you could join us!

We would like to attend the meeting on Thursday, although babysitting may conflict. Would you give me directions to Fuddrukers? We are still in the "wannabe" phase, but have decided to go explore further. This weekend I will take the safety course and will try to get my endorsement early next week. I have only seen two trikes ( at Mitchells Family Trikes in Austin) and the rest I have seen online only. This process may involve a lot of travel to find a trike in my budget. I have seen some that looked really good, but I don't know what to look for in a used trike, so I will need lots of advice. I don't know about the weather here in the summer, other than what I hear about, because we normally head for cooler climates as soon as it warms up (we are full timers in our rv). Thanks for the reply and hope to see you on Thursday.<br />
Gerald<br />
512 461 1699

Hello Gerald, welcome to the Trike Talk Forum where you will find the friendliest, most knowledgeable and Trike loving members on the internet. Although I am not a Texan, we truly enjoy our Gold Wing Trike very much in Central Florida's ocean front community. Listen to Blondi Gal, it sounds like she has provided some great advice. If you have not already, you may want to look into the GWRRA (Gold Wing Road Riders Association). I'm sure they have a chapter in your area. Also, check out the many threads that address many of your questions about a Trike acquisition. Enjoy the Forum and the Trike search...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png