New here

Oct 25, 2011
Ofallon, MO, USA
Hi everyone, I have a 2010 HD Streetglide. It only has 5000 miles on it and I've laid it down in parking lots, etc, 4 times! It's quite embarassing and painful. The first time I landed with my left arm at my side and cracked 4 ribs. The second and third time was on the same trip and It took a year for my shoulder to recoup. This week I didn't get hurt but I skined up the bike more, got grooves in my faring and saddlebag.
It's time to do something different. I'm checking options, finances, etc.
Has anyone heard of Leg up landing gear, or Ghost wheels? Thats a cheaper option, but do they work?

Kathy

Hello Kathy, and welcome to the TrikeTalk family :)

I sure hate to hear of your painful landings recently!!!!
I know almost nothing about the two products you mentioned, and have seen only one bike about a year ago ahead of me on the road with one of those. It was fascinating to watch the little wheels lower into place as the bike slowed at lights or stop signs!

My personal opinion is that I would recommend a regular trike kit if there is any way you can afford that. The stability and comfort of it is phenomenal! You never have to worry about putting your feet down (in fact you shouldn't!), it is almost impossible to tip with normal riding, backing up and maneuvering in parking lots is easy to do on your own because the three wheels give it so much balance, and it is still your bike.

The biggest difference is that you steer through turns instead of leaning/counter steering; with a rake kit installed you have power steering though, so that is not a difficult thing. There is about a 500 mile time to feel at ease with this new steering, but then you are off and the most difficult challenge is keeping the bugs out of your happy smile as you cruise down the highway or through the twisties! :D

Howdy from the Hills of Eastern Ky.
Glad you found us and a big welcome mat is out for you. Any and all questions that you have will be answered by the great people on this forum. They is a lot of Harley-honda-kawasaki-suziki and others here to help. What Nana said is so true.. About 500 miles will have you feeling that you are a part of the machine and the highways and byways are your only obstacles. WHERE TO START--I DON'T WANNA STOP !!! will echo in your head.
Enjoy and join the TOI group..They is F U N folks.

Gabby

Hi everyone, I have a 2010 HD Streetglide. It only has 5000 miles on it and I've laid it down in parking lots, etc, 4 times! It's quite embarassing and painful. The first time I landed with my left arm at my side and cracked 4 ribs. The second and third time was on the same trip and It took a year for my shoulder to recoup. This week I didn't get hurt but I skined up the bike more, got grooves in my faring and saddlebag.
Has anyone heard of Leg up landing gear, or Ghost wheels? Thats a cheaper option, but do they work?

Kathy

Kathy welcome aboard. Sorry no help on the products either. That street glide will make a fine trike. Also streetglides are very popular so maybe a trade in or sell and buy a trike. Good luck you will not regret it.

Hello Kathy, welcome to the Forum where you will find the knowledge and friendship that you, I'm sure, desire. Like our colleagues before me, I don't have any knowledge about the kits that you mentioned, however, I think many before me have given you great advice. I would suggest the you ask your question in a separate thread so it will get faster exposure to the entire membership. Good luck and enjoy the Forum.

Kathy

Hello Kathy,
You need to take better care of yourself. The various training wheels are wishfull thinking and scary in my opinion. The Cheetahs we manufacture in Charlestown, IN (South Central Indiana) are trikes that will spoil you. Women can operate a Cheetah the same as men do. Our website shows you many different Cheetahs, all about the pricing and options, and the video on our homepage shows my wife Chilita going around 90 degree turns in a parking lot with her left arm down by her side to demonstrate how easy the Cheetah steers. If you'd like to come take a test ride, just call or email us and we'll schedule whatever is convenient for you.
It looks like you are 307 miles from our facility in the Charlestown, IN Industrial Park. If we can help you, call us at 812-256-9199.
Our website link is at the bottom of this message.
Thanks,
Tom and Chilita Walters

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png