What is the average trike width?

May 31, 2011
Upstate,SC USA
What is the average trike width from outside of one tire to the other?I am diving into my build and doing research before I build the rear axle.From my research,it appears that most of the bigger bikes average 54 inches from outside of one wheel to the other.However,my bike is shorter and narrower.I'm not sure 54 inches would look right.It seems like that would be to much width.I know more width equals better stability.How much width do I really need?I'll be back with mock up pics later.We are having some rough winds on my hill today and expecting rain for the next few days.So I don't wanna drag everything out until all this has blown over.

stock '09 t/g is 52". it will just fit on a std. car dolly ( which is is about 58 1/2")
some guys here and on h-d talking and v twin forume have made some very nice
trike haulers out of them. just don't forget to bolt the frame solid (so it does not pivit). .

Thanks.I think I'm going to shoot for 48 to 54 inches max,outside of tire to outside of the other tire.I'm not worried about trailer width.I just don't want this bike to look odd.I know it will but I don't want it to look really odd and outta place.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png