Tuner info

Jul 25, 2010
Hardin Ill
I had the 30 tooth sprocket change done and the shop that did the change for me wants to install a Terry components tv3 tuner to help with the heat and popping on decell. Does anyone have any experience with these units. Thks, Chuck

Chuck, you might want to check out the Dobeck tuner, very simple to install and use and great tech support if needed. Put one on mine and I love it. If you have any questions about it or what model pm me.

Auto tune systems are a great option for the average rider. I have to assume that the person at your shop that has made the recommendation has taken the time to assess your riding style and come up with the best tuner to meet your needs, if not it could be a classic case of selling what the shop is most comfortable with and has had good luck with for other bikes. The tv3 (in my experience as a technician and a rider) is a good product for the average street cruiser and tourer. It does seem to have a little lag time when I have run them on the Dyno to assess the product, but that was under harsher riding conditions such as hard throttle through the full RPM range. Normal riding conditions proved the tuner to operate well and adjust quickly enough. I am guessing that you changed the front sprocket on your '07 FLHX to give you a more torque for harder take off power, if this is the case, the Dobeck tuner in Bruce's response may be better suited as I have experienced less lag time with a hard throttle roll-on. Please pm me if you would like more info on other tuner from true experience.

I would be using it on a 2009 triglide with 4" V/H slip ons. It does have a V/H tuner installed and has a different air filter, but I don't know what brand. Thks, Chuck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png