Turning my Goldwing obsession to Trike Obsession

Hello:
My name is Don Wittbrodt, Winchester, KY. I have been
a loyal Goldwing nut since at least 1977 when I was blessed
with the opportunity to ride my Dad's 1975 GL1000 Goldwing.
How spoiled was I at 17 to be able to ride a Goldwing to school?
Well, I'm now 51 and still very obsessed with Wings.

I currently own 2 Wings, a 1986 Gl1200 Aspencade, (made from a wrecked Interstate), and my pride and joy: and 1985 GL1200 LTD. I love the LTD
the Fuel Injection makes the 1200cc engine work VERY well. I smile every time I ride it; and I've been riding 1200s since 2004. I resurrected the LTD from
having been in storage by the original owner for 15 years. I had to get rid of the brown rusty soup in the fuel tank and buy another tank and replace the fuel pump with an aftermarket Airtex E8000. There was a lot of cleaning fuel lines and removing a lot of rust but now my baby runs very well.

I've had the Trike bug for at least 3 years now, and really want to build my own, (but buy a premade Trike body). I'm hoping this site may lead me to an individual or individuals that may be able to advise me on the correct rear end to use, (I'm fascinated with the Jag rear).

Anyway, I appreciate what I've already seen on your site and I look forward to making some good connections here.

Best Wishes, and Go GOLDWING!!!!
Don W., Winchester, KY

Welcome dwitgoldwing! Glad you joined us.Lotta good folks and info here.Sorry I am no help but there are those that will.RIDE SAFE

Hello Don and greetings from the other side of the state. I have a 99 Valk I/S that is green/silver and am looking forward to seeing the Winchester area once it warms up a bit. I love the 1200 goldwings and would like to invite you to come to the hills come spring. You will love trike riding and anyone on the forum will be very helpful and answer any questions you have.. Again, W E L C O M E from Pike County.

Gabby

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png