Time To Get Serious About A Trike

Oct 15, 2011
United States
My knee replacement surgery (fifth surgery on this knee) just is not going well. Surgery was eleven weeks ago and I seem to have reached maximum range of motion and it is not where I wanted to be at this stage and the therapists and doc agree. In addition, the knee is very weak and I'm not sure I trust it, or ever will. Almost dropped the Valk last night in a parking garage and would have dropped it had not a GW rider been passing by and grabbed it until I could get it back upright.

So, I am seriously looking for a reliable dealer who can trike my Valk, and do a great job on it. I'd like to stay close to home - Tennessee, north Georgia, north Alabama, etc. I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who has been through the process.

I'm also looking for recommendations on whose conversion seems to work best for our Valks (mine is a Tourer). Since I don't have an Interstate, I'm assuming that I will need to provide a fairing (most kits do not come with a fairing, do they?).

As you can see, I have a lot more questions than answers and very little experience in the wide, wide world of trikes. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Ya Bama Red,
Sorry to hear about the knee trouble. I am having weak knees and after having a heart attack three years ago, I had to have a Trike. I already had a 99 I/S and chose to have the fine folks in Maysville, Ky. do her right. The bike came out as beautiful as as anyone would want. I am sure that the tourer would make a wonderful trike as I have seen several going thru eastern Ky. going to the south for N.C.- Va.-Tenn. Look for what you want-comfort-ride-foot controls-handlebars-storage-trailer space-colors-co-rider comfort etc. There is some beautiful bikes that can be had for a reasonable price. Shop smart-look and ride other bikes-think hard where you want to go on it. Trikes are extremely easy to ride. You just have to be mindful of the steering makes the turn---not the lean. Good luck and wishing the best your way.

Gabby

My knee replacement surgery (fifth surgery on this knee) just is not going well. Surgery was eleven weeks ago and I seem to have reached maximum range of motion and it is not where I wanted to be at this stage and the therapists and doc agree. In addition, the knee is very weak and I'm not sure I trust it, or ever will. Almost dropped the Valk last night in a parking garage and would have dropped it had not a GW rider been passing by and grabbed it until I could get it back upright.

So, I am seriously looking for a reliable dealer who can trike my Valk, and do a great job on it. I'd like to stay close to home - Tennessee, north Georgia, north Alabama, etc. I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who has been through the process.

I'm also looking for recommendations on whose conversion seems to work best for our Valks (mine is a Tourer). Since I don't have an Interstate, I'm assuming that I will need to provide a fairing (most kits do not come with a fairing, do they?).

As you can see, I have a lot more questions than answers and very little experience in the wide, wide world of trikes. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Welcome aboard. The owner and founder of this site is Bazooka (Randy). He owns Adventure Motorsports located in Dothan Al. He is very honest and will not steer you wrong. If nothing else call him and talk to him, but buying from him is a very good idea.

I sent Randy a PM earlier today with some questions and told him what I was looking for. Told him to shoot me some answers when he had a chance. Hopefully there is something out there that'll work for me and not completely drain the old bank account!

I sent Randy a PM earlier today with some questions and told him what I was looking for. Told him to shoot me some answers when he had a chance. Hopefully there is something out there that'll work for me and not completely drain the old bank account!

Good morning and welcome to the forum. I sent you a PM. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png