Finally Installed !!

41inWV

Contributing Member
Dec 27, 2010
WV
No, I dont procrastinate......AT ALL........ After two years I finally got the trailer hitch installed on my 2009 TriGlide. I bought the hitch shortly after buying the Glide and was to lazy to attack the four Torx 40 security bolts in the cross member needed to install the MC Hitch.

I got ONE out initially, went and bought some grade 8 hex head bolts and lock washer to replace the torx. Someone at Lehman (they did the body installs for Harley on the '09-'10 models) must have owned shares in Loctite, I actually ended up stripping the heads out of the Torx bolts, so I finally got the ol dremel tool out and flattened two sides of each bolt and clamped vise grips on them to spin them out. WHEW. But it's finally on and looking GOOD !

Now I have the tour pak relocation rails from Dennis here on this forum (tGlidestuff.com), then finally I need to install my Flash 2 Pass garage door opener to.

Funny how this stuff never ends !

I hear that. The extra stuff never ends. My wife says no more, but Dennis is always coming up with something else we think we need. Blame it on Dennis.Ha!! Ha!!! Only kidding Dennis. Hey Dennis,if you read this, I still haven't heard anything about my bike. It sucks cause it was so nice out today. Jim

Got the tour Pak relocation rails installed this afternoon. Now for the "Flash to Pass".

I like the looks of your wide windshield. I guess Dennis has one. I have been trying to get down there,but the bike messed up.I have a 6" Glock Works shield,but my wife doesn't like because it directs the air right at her. I really like it. I can see over it. It's nice in the rain too. I don't have to look around the windshield to see. That doesn't help rain getting on the glasses though. How tall is yours? Jim

The wider shield seems to quiet the air flow and the wind noise behind it some. Most negative air pressure causes the buffeting wind to actually come from below, but this particular windshield has been the one I'm most satisfied with of those I've tried.

The 1st thing I noticed on the trike was the amount of air coming up between the gas tank & front end. I guess it's because of the front end being raked out more. Sure didn't have that on my Ultra. I don't think there is a way to stop that. Did you get any of that snow. It snowed here Wed. or Thurs. One of these days I will get some pictures of the bike on here. Yours looks good. Jim

Thank you. Here's my personal favorite 'add-on', my fuel Door:

Fuel_Door.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazybiker 46

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazybiker 46
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png