triumph trikr

Good question........it's probably because the new generation of Triumphs are rare to begin with. They're very good bikes, but I hardly see any on the road. Seeing TONS of various trikes though. Seems like some days one can see as many trikes on the road as there are 2-wheelers.

With the pics of the triked-out Rocket III's, you'll probably start seeing a few more here and there after awhile.

Back in the '60's, it was mostly VW trikes and some Harleys, few Indians......I never saw a triked-out Triumph back then. They were torquey enough, but too busy either running the twisties or racing the 900 Sportsters......:D

I'm still on two wheels, Triumph Rocket. 140cu in, 140hp great base for a trike, but there just are not many of us out there. I ride 10k+ miles a year, see about 3 Rockets all summer.
I watch ebay and cycletrader for Rocket Trikes, and see about 3 every year, in the early spring.
The new Thunderbird is being triked, or so the ads say. 1600cc.
On ebay I see more Triumph trikes under 1000cc than over. Bonnevilles and similar, older models.
Triumph puts out about 50k bikes a year, all models. Not a big market.

They started making the Rocket (new one, not the older, smaller models) in 2005, and the trikes I'm seeing advertised are 2005 or 2006.
Stateside Motortrike is doing the conversions, in Europe there are Grinnals and Rewaco.

Rewaco sells their VW trikes stateside, but not the Rocket, don't know why.

I've got a few more years I can manhandle my 1000 pound beast, but when I go trike, one way or another it will be with a Rocket.
I'm 62 now, will be working until 67 the way it looks. The economy screwed us, not as bad as some, but we'll have to work a couple of extra years to make up the difference.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png