Got My Russell Day Long Saddle

T

TheBobs

We did the drive-in option since we are only 370 miles away. It's hard to believe how busy they were and it's not even their busy season. We went up, stayed at the Fawndale Lodge and RV Park, who set us up with a cabin that included a covered driveway for our Triglide. They have 2 of those and try to lodge all the Russell Cycle Products customers in them. The owners were some of the nicest people (and both Harley owners) we've ever met.
Next morning, we drove down (about 4 miles) to RCP and checked in about 8am. They have a bunch of loaner seats, but didn't have one for our '10 TG, so we hung around town. Being a nasty, cold, and rainy day, they had me drive it into their small garage out back. We finished the checkin paperwork, then went back to the TG for pix with the wife only, then wife and me, then me only. There were no worries about me touching the ground on a trike so they skipped the pix with feet on the ground. Even as a drive-in, they took pix so Chris (our seat builder) could refer to them as he built our seat.
Chris finished his preliminary build and came to get us for our test fit at about 11:30. My seat didn't need any adjustments, the wife's needed a small adjustment in the middle/front portion of her seat.
Kim also had Jason come give us a tour. The tour was awesome. Now I know why their seats are the most comfortable in the world (IMHO)! The tour helped me understand why they need the pictures and all the vital statistics they collect prior to the build.
About 4:45pm they finished with the seat. Our warranty states that they would like to have us put 500-1000 miles before we request an adjustment. I think it allows 18 months for an "adjustment period." For me, I DON'T NEED IT. I think it's the same for my wife, but that's up to her. The weather was downright miserable on the way home. We used the seat cover that they made for us on the way home since we rode in moderate to heavy rain for about 290 of the 370 miles. It never got above 55 degrees either. It's a shame since it was sunny and 64 degrees on the way up. Hey, it's California!!!
As for the seat, oh my!!!! Night and day. I've owned a leather Air Zeppelin, a leather Corbin, a Mustang, and a HD Comfort Stitch. Those may look better to some, but my a$$ doesn't have eyes. As for the looks, my Russell Day Long looks great on my Triglide. As for the cost, the next best seat was my Air Zeppelin and it cost nearly as much as my Russell. Yes they cost a bunch, but in this case you get what you pay for. Plus I paid a bunch for the TG, so why would I not put a seat on it commensurate with the cost of the cams, headpipe, TTS Mastertune setup, dyno tune, windshield(s), 30T sprocket, lift kit and tourpack rails, toupack rack, floorboard extenders, Roll-a-Home tent trailer, trailer hitch and wiring kit, etc. So, that "It costs too much," dog don't hunt after spending a fortune on all that other stuff.
If anybody is on the fence, go ahead and leap over, because you won't be disappointed. Pix to follow.
Steve

Here's shot from the front looking over the windshield.

Nice looking seat, when you mention they didn't have a loaner for you Triglide did you mean they didn't have any 09 to present touring seats? Any 09 to present seat that would fit an electraglide would fit the triglide.

Nice looking seat, when you mention they didn't have a loaner for you Triglide did you mean they didn't have any 09 to present touring seats? Any 09 to present seat that would fit an electraglide would fit the triglide.

Ya, they had a couple touring saddles but not the new pan style. Chris was going to try to find me one until he turned mine upside down and saw that it was the '09 and newer.

I think that our TGs all have the wider profile that allows the Russell seat's lines to blend in very nicely. I can also say that no picture can do it as much justice as seeing it in person.

I've never sat on a Day Long, but I've read thread after thread about seats.

Even if most people like Mustang or Corbin or any other particular manufacturer, I've always seen someone that didn't like them for one reason or another.

I've never seen a bad comment about Day Long seats.

I've never sat on a Day Long, but I've read thread after thread about seats.

Even if most people like Mustang or Corbin or any other particular manufacturer, I've always seen someone that didn't like them for one reason or another.

I've never seen a bad comment about Day Long seats.

With the exception of the stock seat all the others mentioned in my original post are good seats. I'm just glad I finally had the time, money and opportunity to get the Russell made. For us it's the best one yet.

Recently made a wine run to Paso Robles (about 160 round trip) plus two different construction zones each 20 minute wait going both ways (80 minutes sit time total). So after about 5 more hours in the new seat, I am convinced that this is the best seat made. Because of the design it holds you in and upright going through the twisties. CA-41 and CA-46 have plentiful twists and curves that nearly all run at 50-55 mph. Staying upright in the seat was effortless. This IS the seat for the Alaska trip in May. Couple of my riding partners are staying with stock seats, which should prove entertaining after about 3 or 4 days. Like I said before, if you are on the fence, jump over. You won't be disappointed.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png