changing o rings in front forks

Jul 1, 2008
Bradford, TX
Does anybody know how to do this? Mine are leaking and I need to change them, but haven't ever done it. I want to learn how to do it myself, please help. Thanks.

Hi without having to look at your member list. What kind of front end are we talking about here? Harley Honda GL 1800 GL 1500 Touring Fatboy etc. Ted

Re-packing front forks is one of those jobs not done often enough to remember all the details. I've probably done dozens, but I still drag out the shop manual. Your best bet is to obtain a copy of the shop manual for that model. Ebay is a good source for manuals, something I believe everyone should have for their bike.

I have a manual for an '02 and it doesn't look easy. You can take a look at it if you would like. I have one leaking also but I am still in warranty.
3wheeler

ordered a manual, but it really doesn't explain if the forks are raked. I took it to a local mechanic who ended up not being able to do it, so had to call in help. It was $345.00 for the job, so felt like I had it strapped to me! Anyway, it's done! Thanks for trying to help...

newtriker I know what is involved in the same repair for a Harley. It does not sound like the repair cost was out of line at all. Looks like 5 hours or so labor plus parts from your figure. Pretty close to what I take to due my front legs. I'm assuming that was for both!

Ted

That makes me feel a little better. I was thinking maybe not to ever use that mechanic again since he had estimated about 2 hours labor. He got it all apart, then couldn't get it back, so had to call somebody from motortrike to help him. If this sounds about right, then I'm ok with that. Hopefully everything will work ok, but I have found out that Honda dealerships won't work on anything older than a 98 so I'm outta luck for future repairs. Didn't know that when I bought this old of a trike, but still love it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png