Greetings From Vero Beach, Florida

Nov 26, 2011
Vero Beach, Florida
Hello Out There! Currently riding a 2010 Goldwing but have plans to "Trike-it" in the near future. Joining this site to try and determine which Trike Conversion Kit is preferred by Trike Owners, Pros and Cons of the different kits and in general to get an overall idea what Triking entails.

The only three-wheeler I ever rode was as a teen, my brother had a Harley with a trunk on the back and it was used to run service calls. It was a thrill just learning to clutch and shift while steering the darn thing. However, it was not a reliable piece of machinery, it also had a tow-hitch mounted so that it could be towed when it crapped out. :)

So, you'all ride safe and I'll be looking in every once in awhile to read post and ask question. Have a good day!!
T-Rex

Hey, Rex! Welcome to you from the Great State of Texas!!

We have an 08 GW1800 with a California SideCar IRS conversion - have put over 20K on it in a little over two years, without any problems. We went coast to coast last year, and to North Carolina from Texas and back in June/July this year. Lookin' forward to seeing you in Maggie Valley next June for our fifth big TrikeTalk Rally in the Valley.

When you decide to trike it, ride as many different conversions as you can before you commit to one. You may find one that fits you very well, and that should be your choice. Listen to folks on here - they've 'been there, done that' but make up your own mind.

Happy Holidays - glad you, much like we do, get to ride most of the year!! Again, welcome!

Hello Out There! Currently riding a 2010 Goldwing but have plans to "Trike-it" in the near future. Joining this site to try and determine which Trike Conversion Kit is preferred by Trike Owners, Pros and Cons of the different kits and in general to get an overall idea what Triking entails.

The only three-wheeler I ever rode was as a teen, my brother had a Harley with a trunk on the back and it was used to run service calls. It was a thrill just learning to clutch and shift while steering the darn thing. However, it was not a reliable piece of machinery, it also had a tow-hitch mounted so that it could be towed when it crapped out. :)

So, you'all ride safe and I'll be looking in every once in awhile to read post and ask question. Have a good day!!
T-Rex

welcome aboard. Glad you joined us.

Welcome to the board. Like Blondie Gal we have a 2007 GW with the CSC conversion with IRS. We have had no problems with it so far, but only a little over 3000 miles on the conversion. Glad you get to ride a lot too. We haven't ridden for at least asn hour.:D

As far as rake kits go,ride 'em all and pick the one you like best. Can hardly go wrong with the kits out from the major makers today. We had a 1995 GL1500 with a Motor Trike kit. Rode well and was a quality build. We now have a GL1800 with a Champion kit. More quality there. Everyone makes their own choice based on how they like the bike the trike is based on, the ride of the kit and the styling.

My sister-in-law lives in Sebastion, and her daughter lives in Vero. Nice area, like visiting there.

You said: "it also had a tow-hitch mounted so that it could be towed when it crapped out." Some history you might know-back in the day a lot of garages had HD Servi-cars as parts runners and towed vehicles. There was real customer service in the old days. They would put a hitch bar on the bumper (actual bumpers back then) of a repaired car, hook the trike on it and deliver the car to the owner. Unhook the trike, take off the hitch and ride the trike back to the garage. Hence the tow bar. The flathead 45c.i. engine was a workhorse and was put out by HD from 1929 to 1973 with virtually no changes.

Welcome to the board. Sure you'll find solid direction toward your triking decision.

Welcome fellow Floridian! I live between Sebring and Okeechobee, so let me know if you want to check out my 03 Harley-Davidson Road Glide with Ghost Wheels. It stops like a trike, but rides like a 2 wheeler.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png