Honda recall

I wonder how this recall will effect trikes given that conversions void warranties under Honda's policy provisions and may have altered the braking system entirely.

I'm not sure either. That's why I had the bike triked at a Honda dealer. When having the trike done they called me and said there was a problem with the Secondary master cylinder.They replaced it then under an aftermarket warranty. Wonder if I'll need to get it done again?:Shrug:

I visited my Honda dealership to discuss the recall. The secondary master cylinder in the recall is on the left front rotor mechanism. When the FRONT brake is squeezed, it sends fluid to the rear brake. In some cases it was not releasing causing the rear brake to drag on two-wheelers.

On my Hannigan trike, the brake line from the front left rotor to the rear brakes is capped off so it does not activate the rear brakes when the front brake lever is activated. But the rear brake system also sends fluid forward to the left front rotor when the rear brake pedal is activated. So, the recall has no bearing on the Hannigan trikes, according to my dealership.

Calling LeeHman...could you weigh in on this?

How about the Lehman Monarch II conversion for the GW 1800 - would this recall affect this trike conversion?

Many thanks!

Calling LeeHman...could you weigh in on this?

How about the Lehman Monarch II conversion for the GW 1800 - would this recall affect this trike conversion?

Many thanks!

I have that conversion on a 2012 Goldwing and the local Honda dealer did the adjustment with no problem. Took about 15 minutes.

After much research and consultation, we do not beleive the current Honda GL1800 brake system recall affects our trike conversions past, present, or future. However, in the interest of 100% surety, safety and prudence we urge all who receive such notice or believe their bikes and/or trikes to possibly be affected follow through with the proceedures as outlined by Honda. Also, noncompliance will leave the recall "flag" associated with the VIN of the bike intact which could be detrimental to the future value and marketability of the bikes/trikes deemed applicable and marked by Honda as suspect.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png