New Trike w/ Squeaky Wheels

Welcome to the greatest forum in the world , from the great state of Oregon.
Don't forget to check out the "Western Rally" in the rides and rally section , we would sure like your presence there in July 9 - 12 , 2012.
ThumbUp ThumbUp

Welcome to the forum. As far as squeak, I have given up completely on the parking brake on my '10 TG. It was usually pretty useless and seemed to cause premature wear on the pads. I just leave it at loosest adjustment now and leave it in gear when I park.

My T-Glide did the same thing. Dealer told me the new brakes have almost zero clearance to the rotors so it does not take much for some crap to get in there and make noise. Told me to try slamming the brakes on a coupla times and see if that makes it stop. It did on mine. And...Just remove the parking brake. It serves no purpose other than something you have to mess with all the time and end up never using. Welcome to Trike Talk!!!

My T-Glide did the same thing. Dealer told me the new brakes have almost zero clearance to the rotors so it does not take much for some crap to get in there and make noise. Told me to try slamming the brakes on a coupla times and see if that makes it stop. It did on mine. And...Just remove the parking brake. It serves no purpose other than something you have to mess with all the time and end up never using. Welcome to Trike Talk!!!

+1 on that

I would check the tightness of the rear wheel lugs nuts. They should be 100 ft.lbs. I have had alumunum wheels that when they get loose they can make a noise.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png